Insights on the Graphite Global Market to 2026 - Featuring Asbury Carbons, Focus Graphite and SGL Carbon Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 2, 2021--
The “Graphite Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The graphite market was about 2,892 kilo tons in 2020 and the market is projected to register a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Asbury Carbons
- BTR New Energy Materials Inc.
- Focus Graphite Inc.
- Graftech International Ltd.
- Hitachi Chemical Co. Ltd
- Imerys Graphite & Carbon
- Lianyungang Jinli Carbon Co. Ltd.
- Mason Graphite, Inc.
- NextSource Materials Inc. (Energizer Resources Inc.)
- Nippon Kokuen Group
- Northern Graphite Corp.
- Qingdao Black Dragon Graphite Co. Ltd
- Qingdao GuangxingElectronic Materials Co. Ltd
- SGL Carbon
- SHOWA DENKO K.K.
- Syrah Resources Limited
- Triton Minerals Ltd.
- Tokai Carbon Co. Ltd.
- Westwater Resources (Alabama Graphite Corp.)
Key Market Trends
Metallurgy Segment to dominate the market
- The metallurgy segment of the market studied includes electrodes and refractories, casting, and foundries.
- Graphite electrodes are used in electric arc furnace (EAF) and ladle furnace (LF) for steel production, ferroalloy production, silicon metal production, and smelting process.
- The rising production of steel using the electric arc furnace process is expected to increase the demand for graphite.
- In refractories, natural graphite is used in the manufacture of crucibles and mag-carbon bricks. Graphite is also used as lining in steel convertors and electric arc furnaces.
- Different forms of alumina-graphite are used in continuous casting ware, such as nozzles and troughs, in steel molding applications. The surging usage of steel is expected to increase the demand for graphite.
- Graphite is used in coating foundry facings, where the removal of hot metal is to be made easier.
- All these factors are expected to increase the demand for graphite from the metallurgy end-user industry.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- China holds the largest share, in terms of consumption and production capacity of graphite electrodes in the global scenario. China has produced nearly 520 thousand metric ton of graphite electrode, of which nearly 62% share was utilized for domestic consumption. In this scenario, graphite is being increasingly used by the steel making industries for niche applications.
- The current production capacity of UHP graphite electrodes in China is around 50 thousand metric ton per year. The demand for UHP electrodes in China is also expected to witness a significant growth in a long term, and an additional capacity of over 50 thousand metric tons of UHP graphite electrodes is likely to be witnessed in the later phases of the forecast period.
- The demand for lithium-ion batteries in China is expected to grow rapidly, owing to the growth in adoption of new energy vehicles (NEVs) and ESS for on-grid and off-grid applications.
- The development of NEVs is further boosted by the mandates put forth by the government. For instance, in 2018, the NEV credit mandate went into effect, thereby, setting a minimum production requirement for the car manufacturing industry. Additionally, China has adopted a national New Energy Vehicle Subsidy Program, to further boost the production of EVs.
- Chinese manufacturers have rushed to install capacity for graphite electrodes, since the country has begun to commit heavily to higher rates of steel production, via electric arc furnace, in 2017. The proportion of steel produced in electric arc furnace in China may double from 10% in 2018, to around 20% by 2028. In this regards, the country have been steadily increasing the number of plants using electric arc furnace for steel production. However, currently, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the economic and industrial manufacturing activities have been affected significantly in the country.
- India is the third-largest producer of iron and steel in the Asia-Pacific region. The iron and steel production in the country has been increasing at a rapid pace. The soaring demand for iron and steel from the automotive and infrastructure sectors in the country, along with governmental initiatives (such as the National Steel policy), is supporting the growth of steel production in India.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Augmenting Demand from the Burgeoning Lithium-ion Battery Industry
4.1.2 Increase in Steel Production in Asia and the Middle East
4.1.3 High Purity Levels of Synthetic Graphite?
4.2.1 Development of Substitute Anode Materials in Lithium-ion Batteries in High-end Applications
4.2.2 Stringent Environmental Regulations
4.2.3 Impact of COVID-19 outbreak
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Volume)
5.3 End-user Industry
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Usage of Graphite in Green Technologies
7.2 Popularity of Graphene
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vtca22
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210702005257/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T. Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: CHEMICALS/PLASTICS MANUFACTURING
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 07/02/2021 09:46 AM/DISC: 07/02/2021 09:46 AM