Parachute Announces Sustainability Commitments; Aims to Become Carbon Neutral by Earth Day 2022
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan 14, 2022--
Parachute, the premium multi-category lifestyle brand that makes you feel at home , today announced its commitments to people and the planet in order to further the company’s ongoing approach to conscious consumption and making products that consumers can feel good about. The company has shared a list of measurable goals for the next several years, and all of the commitments fall under one of four key pillars: Climate + Earth, Responsible Materials, Ethical Manufacturing, and Diversity, Equity + Inclusion.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220114005118/en/
Parachute has announced new, measurable goals that deepen the company’s commitment to people and planet. (Photo: Business Wire)
“At Parachute, we have always put a focus on sustainability, and we take pride in offering premium quality, long-lasting and responsibly-made products that our customers can feel good about. Now, we are taking that one step further by publicly setting actionable goals that we believe will benefit employees, partners, customers, and our planet,” said Ariel Kaye, founder and CEO of Parachute. “We know there is a lot of work ahead of us, but we believe in doing our part to help create a sustainable future for our industry.”
Parachute’s new commitments are comprised of short-term and long-term goals that focus on improving operations, sourcing, supply chain and brand offerings.
Climate + Earth
- Become certified carbon neutral by April 22, 2022, Earth Day, by measuring and offsetting the company’s entire footprint with verified carbon credits.
- Launch the company’s first-ever circular program, the Recycled Down Pillow, beginning in 2022, made of a recycled cotton shell and filled with sanitized down from returned Parachute pillows.
- Double down on responsible material certifications for products to further advance Parachute’s commitment to a more sustainable supply chain. These include Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS®) certification, to certify cotton materials are free of harmful chemicals, pesticides and residues; OEKO-TEX® certification, to certify core products are free of high levels of 100+ harmful substances; Responsible Down Standard (RDS), to certify down comes from humanely treated ducks and geese; and Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), to certify wood is responsibly sourced.
- Launch Fair Trade® Certified products in 2022, with plans to expand the qualifying assortment in 2023, to signify products are made in environments that meet rigorous social, environmental and economic standards.
- The manufacturers of our GOTS certified products must meet criteria of the International Labour Organisation (ILO), United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs), and Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). These rules protect workers and ensure that every step of the supply chain uses ethical practices.
Diversity, Equity + Inclusion
- Establish programs that enable opportunities for diverse talent across our platforms, partners, and employees. This includes initiatives like Home for Dreams, established in the fall of 2020, that offers mentorship, grants, and brand amplification support to Black-owned businesses.
Learn more at parachutehome.com/our-commitments.
Parachute is a modern lifestyle brand that makes people feel at home. The multi-category home company offers products that are thoughtfully designed in Los Angeles and responsibly manufactured by expert craftspeople around the globe, using only premium quality materials. Every essential in the collection is inspired by comfort and relaxation. Parachute was founded in 2014, offering a carefully curated assortment of bedding. The brand has since released its own mattress and expanded into categories throughout the home, including bath, apparel, décor and furniture. Parachute operates 12 retail storefronts across the U.S. and recently launched in Canada. All products are available online at www.parachutehome.com.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220114005118/en/
KEYWORD: CALIFORNIA UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: RETAIL ONLINE RETAIL HOME GOODS ENVIRONMENT
Copyright Business Wire 2022.
PUB: 01/14/2022 08:01 AM/DISC: 01/14/2022 08:02 AM