MEDIA ADVISORY: CUPE National President to Join Locked-Out Municipal Workers at Events in Grand Falls-Windsor on Thursday, August 19
ST. JOHN’S, Newfoundland and Labrador--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug 18, 2021--
CUPE National president Mark Hancock will be in Grand Falls-Windsor on Thursday, August 19, to support locked-out municipal workers who are members of CUPE Local 1349.
Media and the public are invited to attend a lunchtime “Solidarity Rally” hosted by the members of CUPE 1349, as well as a “Family and Friends’ Evening” beginning at 4:30 p.m.
12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Solidarity Rally at Town Hall, 7 High Street, Grand Falls-Windsor.
4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Family and Friends’ Evening, 8 High Street, with music and entertainment for all ages.
Speakers and special guests:
- Mark Hancock, CUPE National president
- Sherry Hillier, CUPE NL president
- Tammie Greening, CUPE 1349 president
- Arlene Sedlickas, NL Federation of Labour secretary-treasurer
- Yvette Coffey, RNUNL president
- Jerry Earl, NAPE president
- Trevor King, NAPE secretary-treasurer
- Alison Coffin, NL NDP leader
- Scott Simms, member of parliament for Coast of Bays-Central-Notre Dame
Everyone is encouraged to come out and show support for the employees who deliver the vital public services that town residents depend on!
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210818005699/en/
CONTACT: Colleen Reynolds
CUPE Atlantic Communications
CUPE National Representative
KEYWORD: NORTH AMERICA CANADA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PUBLIC POLICY/GOVERNMENT LABOR
SOURCE: CUPE National
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 08/18/2021 02:18 PM/DISC: 08/18/2021 02:18 PM