Global Carbon Fiber and Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymers (CFRP) Markets Report 2021-2031 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 4, 2021--
The “The Global Market for Carbon Fiber and Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymers (CFRP) 2021-2031” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Carbon fiber (CF) is used as a reinforcement material in composites. Carbon fiber reinforced polymers (CFRP) are mainly used in wind energy, automotive, aerospace (commercial and military aircraft, space launch vehicles), and pressure vessel industries for increased strength to weight and stiffness. Other markets are sports & leisure composites (skis and snowboards, bicycles and hockey sticks) and construction.
There are significant regulatory, economic and consumer motivations for manufacturers to adopt materials that reduce the weight of the product and maintain or increase its performance. For example, manufacturers are interested in producing aircraft and automobiles that are more fuel efficient, increasing the size of wind energy blades, and producing strong lightweight storage vessels for alternative transportation fuels.
To this end, carbon fiber (CF) and carbon fiber reinforced polymers (CFRP) that provide lightweighting and strength enhancement potential, are primary candidate materials for meeting these goals.
CF has the characteristics of common carbon materials such as:
- High temperature resistance
- Friction resistance
- Electrical conductivity
- Heat conduction
- Corrosion resistance
It also has advantageous differences such as:
- Shape has significant anisotropy
- Can be processed into various fabrics
- Has a small specific gravity and therefore has a high specific strength
Report contents include:
- Figures for current carbon fiber and CFRP demand, production capacities and projected future demand to 2031, by metric tonnes, end user markets and regions.
- Market and technical developments 2020-2021.
- Assessment of developments in plant-based carbon fibers, low cost production, alternative precursors and processes, and 3D printing.
- Markets covered include Aerospace, Sports & Leisure, Wind Energy, Automotive, Pressure Vessels, Construction & Infrastructure and Oil and Gas.
- 95 companies profiled including CF manufacturers, CFRP manufacturers and CF recyclers. Companies profiled include DowAksa, Formosa Plastics Corporation, Hexcel Corporation, Hyosung Advanced Materials, Jiangsu Hengshen Co., Ltd., Kureha Corporation, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, SGL Carbon SE, Solvay SA, Teijin Limited, Toray Industries, Inc., UMATEX, bCircular, Carbon Conversions, Gen 2 Carbon, Mallinda, Carbitex, LeMond Carbon, Continuous Composites, Boston Materials and 9T Labs.
Key Topics Covered:
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1.1 Key players
1.2 Impact of COVID-19 crisis
1.3 Market drivers and trends
1.4 Market challenges
1.5 Future trends
2.1 Carbon fibers
2.1.1 Properties of carbon fibers
220.127.116.11 Types by modulus
18.104.22.168 Types by the secondary processing
2.1.2 Precursor material types
22.214.171.124 PAN: Polyacrylonitrile
126.96.36.199 Pitch-based carbon fibers
188.8.131.52 Viscose (Rayon)-based carbon fibers
2.2 Carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP)
2.3 Bio-based and alternative precursors
2.3.3 Vapor grown carbon fiber (VGCF)
2.3.4 Textile PAN
2.4 Recycled carbon fibers (r-CF)
2.4.1 Recycling processes
2.5 Carbon Fiber 3D Printing
2.6 Plasma oxidation
3 CARBON FIBER PRODUCTION CAPACITIES
3.1 Annual capacity, by producer
3.2 Market share, by capacity
4 MARKETS FOR CARBON FIBERS
4.1 Carbon fiber industry developments 2020-2021
4.2.1 Market drivers, applications, desirable properties, pricing and key players
4.2.2 Global demand
184.108.40.206 Carbon fiber
4.3 Wind energy
4.4 Sports & leisure
4.6 Pressure vessels
4.7 Oil and gas
4.8 Other markets
4.8.1 Construction & infrastructure
5 GLOBAL DEMAND TO 2031
5.1 Demand by market 2018-2031
5.1.1 Carbon fiber
5.1.2 Carbon fiber reinforced polymers (CFRP)
5.2 Demand by region 2018-2031
6 COMPANY PROFILES
6.1 Carbon fiber producers
6.2 Carbon Fiber composite producers
6.3 Carbon fiber recyclers
7 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/kuvwsw
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211004005609/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: CHEMICALS/PLASTICS OTHER MANUFACTURING MANUFACTURING
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 10/04/2021 10:07 AM/DISC: 10/04/2021 10:07 AM