2021 Thematic Research into the Direct-to-Consumer in Apparel Industry - COVID-19 Disrupted Global Retail Business - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 2, 2021--
The “Direct-to-Consumer in Apparel - Thematic Research” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Direct-to-consumer (DTC) refers to the promotion and sale of products directly from a producer or manufacturer to target customers, bypassing the need of any intermediaries such as marketplaces, department stores or any other third-party retailers.
- DTC as a business model was popularized by Dollar Shave Club
- DTC gives retailers greater control over their operations
- COVID-19 has disrupted the global retail business
Reasons to Buy
- The DTC model is a relatively new concept in retail that is popularized by brands such as Bonobos, Glossier and Dollar Shave Club that made initial footsteps into the distribution model in the early 21st century.
- Subsequently, the model quickly gained popularity among retailers selling easy-to-ship product categories such as skincare, makeup, and fashion, and was later adopted by retailers that sell big-ticket items such as furniture.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive summary
- Technology briefing
- Industry analysis
- Value chain
- Further reading
- Thematic research methodology
- About the Publisher
- Contact the Publisher
- Adore Me
- Ted Baker
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/z011ug
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210702005264/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ONLINE RETAIL RETAIL FASHION
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 07/02/2021 09:55 AM/DISC: 07/02/2021 09:56 AM