Global Point of Care Testing (POCT) Market Report 2021, Featuring 100 Key Company Profiles - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 20, 2021--
The “Global Point of Care Testing (POCT) Market (By Diagnostics Segment, Mode, End Users, Regions), Impact of COVID-19, 100 Company Profiles - Forecast to 2026” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global point of care testing (POCT) market is predicted to exceed US$ 45 Billion by 2026.
POC testing appears to be headed for a bigger role in diagnosis and monitoring patient care. POCT or near-patient testing is a medical diagnostic test that allows physicians and medical staff to correctly attain real-time, lab-quality diagnostic results within minutes rather than hours. Over the years, the increasing introduction of transportable, portable, and handheld instruments has resulted in the migration of POC testing from the hospital environment to a range of medical environments including the workplace, home, disaster care and most recently, convenience clinics.
Furthermore, growing awareness about early disease diagnosis and prevention has stimulated the demand of point of care testing for detection of cancer and infectious disease at early stages. Rising incidence of infectious diseases and chronic conditions such as cardiovascular diseases and diabetes in developing countries such as India and China have stimulated demand for point of care testing services. As per the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), around 463 million people aged between 20-79 years had diabetes in 2019 globally. This number is estimated to reach 700 million by 2045. Hence, growing infectious diseases and chronic conditions will enhance the point of care testing market in the near future.
The COVID-19 outbreak has become a global stress test. Manufacturers in the point-of-care testing market are focusing on developing novel technologies for maximum testing within a minimum period. The novel coronavirus has accelerated the research and development activities in the point-of-care diagnostics market. Development and production in maximum numbers is the need of the hour. Therefore, quick FDA approvals are proving to be the cherry on the cake for the growth of the point-of-care testing market.
The point of care testing market, by region, is dominated by North America and is expected to maintain its position throughout the forecast period. This can be attributed to rising prevalence of chronic disorders and infectious diseases, which need portable and rapid diagnosis, increasing number of product approvals, and rising government initiatives to support the adoption of POCT in this region. Europe held second highest share of the point of care testing market. Asia-Pacific point of care testing market is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period driven by growing geriatric population base, rising prevalence of target diseases, increasing demand for home healthcare and the introduction of new products enabled with advanced technologies.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the Global Point of Care Testing Market.
This report has been analyzed from 9 View Points:
- Global - Point of Care Testing Market & Forecast (2010 - 2026)
- Impact of COVID-19 on Global Point of Care Testing Market
- Global - Point of Care Testing Market Share and Forecast (2010 - 2026)
- By Diagnostics Segment - Global Point of Care Testing Market & Forecast (2010 - 2026)
- By Mode - Global Point of Care Testing Market & Forecast (2010 - 2026)
- By End Users - Global Point of Care Testing Market & Forecast (2010 - 2026)
- By Region - Global Point of Care Testing Market & Forecast (2010 - 2026)
- Global Point of Care Testing Market - 100 Company Profiles
- Global Point of Care Testing Market - Growth Drivers & Challenges
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Impact of COVID-19 on Global Point of Care Testing Market
3. Global - Point of Care Testing Market & Forecast (2010 - 2026)
4. Global - Point of Care Testing Market Share & Forecast (2010 - 2026)
5. By Diagnostics Segment - Global Point of Care Testing Market & Forecast (2010 - 2026)
6. By Mode - Global Point of Care Testing Market & Forecast (2010 - 2026)
7. By End Users - Global Point of Care Testing Market & Forecast (2010 - 2026)
8. By Region - Global Point of Care Testing Market & Forecast (2010 - 2026)
9. Point of Care Testing Market - Company Profiles
10. Global Point of Care Testing Market - Growth Drivers
10.1 Point-of-care Testing: A Step to the Future
10.2 High Prevalence of Chronic and Infectious Diseases
10.3 Continued Expansion of Point of Care Including Self Testing
11. Global Point of Care Testing Market - Challenges
11.1 Point of Care (POC) Testing Barriers in Low & Middle-Income Countries
11.2 Policy/Regulatory Guidelines and Funding Challenges
11.3 Infrastructure Barriers and Challenges with POC Diagnostics Development
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/zf857r
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210920005526/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MANAGED CARE HEALTH MEDICAL DEVICES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 09/20/2021 08:28 AM/DISC: 09/20/2021 08:28 AM