Worldwide Retail Industry to 2030 - Featuring Walmart, Amazon.com and Target Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug 16, 2021--
The “Retail Global Market Opportunities and Strategies to 2030: COVID-19 Impact and Recovery” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global lending market as it emerges from the COVID-19 shut down.
The global retail market reached a value of nearly $20,331.1 billion in 2020, having increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.4% since 2015. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.7% from 2020 to reach $29,446.2 billion in 2025. The global retail market is expected to reach $39,933.3 billion in 2030, at a CAGR of 6.3%.
- Walmart Inc.
- Amazon.com, Inc.
- CVS Health Corporation
- Costco Wholesale Corporation
- Schwarz Group
- The Kroger Company
- Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc
- The Home Depot Inc.
- Target Corporation
- Nice Tuan
- Easyhome New Retail Group Co. Ltd.
- Family Mart
- V-Mart Retail
- Infiniti Retail Ltd
- Seven & I Holdings Co., Ltd.
- JB Hi-Fi
- Auchan Holding SA
- Metro AG
- Aldi GmbH & Co. KG
- Co-operative Group Limited
- Wm Morrison Supermarkets plc
- Waitrose & Partners
- Groupe Casino
- Marks and Spencer Group plc
- Musgrave Group Ltd.
- Asda Stores Ltd.
- X5 Retail Group
- Dixy Group
- Stokrotka Sp. z o.o.
- Perekrestok Express
- O’Key Group
- Rewe Group
- Office Depot
- Sportsman’s Warehouse Holdings Inc.
- Kroger Co.
- Empire Company Ltd.
- Alimentation Couche-Tard
- Casey’s general stores
- Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores
- Marathon Petroleum Corporation
- Needs Convenience
- Makro Atacadista S.A.
- Grupo Pao de Acuca
- Cia Brasileira de Distribuicao (GPA)
- Majid Al Futtaim
- AlHokair Fashion Retail
- Azadea Group
- Almeera Group
- Al Madina Group
- Al Tayer Group
- Circle K
- Choppies (South Africa)
- Shoprite Holdings
- Pick n Pay Stores
- Woolworths Holdings Limited
- Pick n Pay
- Freshzo Foods
- Food Lover’s Market
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 48+ geographies.
- Understand how the market is being affected by the coronavirus and how it is likely to emerge and grow as the impact of the virus abates.
- Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
- Identify growth segments for investment.
- Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
- Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
- Benchmark performance against key competitors.
- Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
- Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
Growth in the historic period resulted from rapid economic growth in emerging markets, increasing population density in urban areas, foreign direct investment (FDI) in the sector, rising popularity of franchising concept, growing demand for supermarkets, hypermarkets, discount stores and out of town retail parks, and large availability of retail finance options. Factors that negatively affected growth in the historic period were increasing costs, skilled workforce shortages, and unorganized retail in developing countries. Going forward, technology advancement, impact of data analytics, and consumer preference for shopping local will drive growth. Factors that could hinder the growth of the retail market in the future include rising geopolitical tensions, and outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
The retail market is segmented by type into motor vehicle and parts dealers, supermarkets and hypermarkets, ecommerce & other non-store retailer, food and beverage stores, gasoline stations, department stores & other general merchandise stores, clothing and clothing accessories stores, building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers, pharmacies and healthcare stores, electronics and appliance stores, convenience, mom and pop stores, sporting goods, hobby, musical instrument, and book stores, furniture and home furnishings stores, cosmetics and personal care stores, and miscellaneous store retailers. The motor vehicle and parts dealers market was the largest segment of the retail market segmented by type, accounting for 19.3% of the total in 2020. Going forward, the ecommerce & other non-store retailers segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment in the retail market segmented by type, at a CAGR of 13.8% during 2020-2025.
Asia-Pacific was the largest region in the global retail market, accounting for 34.7% of the total in 2020. It was followed by North America, Western Europe, and then the other regions. Going forward, the fastest-growing regions in the retail market will be South America, and the Middle East, where growth will be at CAGRs of 12.4% and 10.4% respectively. These will be followed by the Eastern Europe, and Africa where the markets are expected to grow at CAGRs of 8.84% and 8.83% respectively, during 2020-2025.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/41rfrf
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210816005430/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: RETAIL OTHER RETAIL
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 08/16/2021 09:42 AM/DISC: 08/16/2021 09:42 AM