Simply Healthcare Introduces New Benefits in Medicare Advantage Plans That May Include Allowance to Help Consumers Pay for Utilities, Housing, Groceries, and Everyday Health-Related Items
MIAMI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 4, 2021--
Simply Healthcare Plans today announced that it will be expanding the benefits available in many of its 2022 Medicare Advantage plans which may include a Flex Card that provides an additional allowance to reduce out-of-pocket costs for dental, vision, and hearing needs; a Simply Cash Card; and in-home podiatry care. These health and wellness services demonstrate Simply’s continued commitment in taking a holistic approach in helping Floridians lead healthier lives.
“These new benefits address the many drivers of health and make healthcare more proactive, which is consistent with our approach of being partners to our members in their healthcare journey,” said Doug Johnson, President of Simply Healthcare’s Medicare business. “We are committed to giving Medicare-eligible individuals access to innovative products and services that make it easier for them to improve their health and wellbeing.”
These benefits, which are part of Simply’s whole-person approach to healthcare, may include the below. Members should consult their Evidence of Coverage document to understand how many benefits they will be able to choose as well as benefit availability and details – as benefits may vary by plan.
- Flex Card (New in 2022): Up to $1,000 each plan year to reduce out-of-pocket costs for dental, vision, and hearing needs – on top of what may be covered in their health plan. This gives them the ability to choose how to spend their annual allowance.
- Simply Cash Card (New in 2022): Members on our DSNP plan will receive a debit card ($50 monthly) that can be used for purchases of items such as health-related items and services, groceries, utilities, housing, and transportation. Balances will rollover each month.
- In-Home Support: Up to 30 hours of a friendly, at-home, licensed technician who can assist with light housekeeping, errands, tech support, as well as companionship – making daily tasks easier and easing loneliness.
- Healthy Meals: 10 nutritious meals delivered to the member’s home that members can request after they are discharged from the hospital. Some Simply plans offer additional meals for individuals with qualify chronic conditions.
- Over-The-Counter Allowance: Up to $100 a month for the purchase of health-related items such as over-the-counter medications, shower grab bars, and raised toilet seats.
- Simply Rewards Program: Earn $80 for obtaining important screenings and preventive services, such as a health risk assessment, visiting their primary care providers for an annual wellness visit, and receiving a flu shot.
- In-Home Therapeutic Foot Care: For Simply’s HMO C-SNP plan, monthly visits from a licensed technician who delivers personalized services to help keep members’ feet healthy, provide early detection of health conditions, and support for their overall wellbeing.
For 2022, Simply Healthcare Plans will offer Medicare Advantage plans to residents of the following counties: Broward, Hernando, Hillsborough, Miami-Dade, Orange, Osceola, Palm Beach, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, and Seminole.
Individuals who are interested in joining one of Simply’s Medicare Advantage plans can enroll during this year’s Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP). The AEP begins October 15, 2021, and continues through December 7, 2021, and gives consumers enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B the opportunity to sign up for Simply’s 2022 Medicare Advantage plans.
To learn more about which benefits will be available with each 2022 Medicare Advantage and which plans will be offered in a specific area, consumers can call (888) 820-8906, which is available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, April 1 to Sept. 30; and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week, Oct. 1 to March 31. Consumers can also visit the company’s online store at http://www.simplyhealthcareplans.com/medicare.
Unless members choose to opt out of the cash and monetary rebates benefit, the benefit amounts may have tax implications and may be subject to income tax. To opt out of the cash or monetary rebates program or further questions, individuals can contact member service number at 1-877-577-0115 (TTY:711).
Simply Healthcare Plans, Inc. is a Medicare-contracted coordinated care plan that has a Medicaid contract with the State of Florida Agency for Health Care Administration to provide benefits or arrange for benefits to be provided to enrollees. Enrollment in Simply Healthcare Plans, Inc. depends on contract renewal. This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information. We do not discriminate, exclude people, or treat them differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in our health programs and activities. ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-888-230-7338 (TTY: 711).ATANSYON: Si w pale Kreyòl Ayisyen, gen sèvis èd pou lang ki disponib gratis pou ou. Rele 1-888-230-7338 (TTY: 711). This plan is available to anyone who has both Medical Assistance from the State and Medicare. Other providers are available in our network. The provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.
About Simply Healthcare Plans
Simply Healthcare Plans, Inc. (“Simply”), is a Florida managed health care plan that serves Medicare Advantage and Medicaid members in the state of Florida. In addition, Simply, through a line of business called Clear Health Alliance, also serves Florida Medicaid members who are living with HIV/AIDS. Our goal is to provide healthcare and related services that are comprehensive, integrated and patient-centered. Each and every day, members of our team can be found in Florida communities, listening to our members, interacting with our health care providers and partnering with community-based organizations. Our goal is to ensure members and entire communities are empowered to become active participants in their health care and sustain healthy lifestyles. To learn more about Simply, visit www.simplyhealthcareplans.com.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211004005467/en/
CONTACT: Hieu Nguyen
KEYWORD: FLORIDA UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HOSPITALS HEALTH OTHER HEALTH
SOURCE: Simply Healthcare Plans
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 10/04/2021 08:31 AM/DISC: 10/04/2021 08:32 AM