Amerigroup Increases Access to Whole-Health Benefits in Medicare Advantage Plans to Meet Members’ Unique Healthcare Needs
NASHVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 1, 2021--
Amerigroup announced today expanded access to health and wellness services offered through many of its 2022 Medicare Advantage plans. Members will be able to choose from a package of up to nine benefits, which may include benefits such as dental, vision, and hearing flex card; healthy food; and in-home support. These services aim to address drivers of health, such as food insecurity, home safety, and social isolation.
“These enhanced and new benefits are part of Amerigroup’s approach of addressing whole health and its many drivers of health, helping our members be more proactive in their health,” said Neil Steffens, President of Amerigroup’s Medicare Central Region. “We are committed to giving Medicare-eligible individuals access to innovative products and services that make it easier for them to improve their health and wellbeing.”
The Everyday Extras package will give members the ability to choose, at no extra cost, one or two benefits in the package, which may include the services listed below, to help meet their unique healthcare needs. Members should consult their Evidence of Coverage document to understand how many benefits they will be able to choose as well as benefit availability and details – as benefits may vary by plan.
- Flex Card (New in 2022): Members will be given up to $500 each plan year to purchase dental, vision, and hearing services and items – on top of what may be covered in their health plan. This gives them the ability to choose how to spend their annual allowance.
- Healthy Groceries Card (New in 2022): Each month, up to $50 is loaded on the Healthy Groceries Card. Eligible members will be able to use the card to purchase healthy groceries at participating stores, reducing their monthly out-of-pocket costs.
- In-Home Support (New in 2022): Up to 60 hours of a friendly, at-home technician who can assist with light housekeeping, errands, tech support, as well as companionship – making daily tasks easier and easing loneliness.
- Assistive Devices: Up to a $500 allowance for safety devices such as ADA toilet seats, shower stools, hand-held shower heads, and reaching devices.
- Health & Fitness Tracker: The member is provided a fitness tracker device as well as membership in programs to promote improved physical and mind fitness.
- Healthy Meals: 180 meals (2 meals per day for 90 days) delivered to the member’s home, based on qualifying clinical criteria.
- Personal Home Helper: For eligible members, up to 124 hours of an in-home personal care aide for assistance with activities of daily living such as dressing, grooming, and bathing.
- Pest Control: Quarterly preventive treatments to regulate or eliminate the intrusion of household pests that may impact a chronic condition, for eligible members.
- Transportation: Up to 60 one-way trips per year to health-related appointments or to obtain a service covered by the health plan.
Amerigroup will offer its 2022 Medicare Advantage plans in all counties across the state.
Individuals who are interested in joining one of Amerigroup’s Medicare Advantage plans can enroll during this year’s Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP). The AEP begins October 15, 2021, and continues through December 7, 2021, and gives consumers enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B the opportunity to sign up for Amerigroup’s 2022 Medicare Advantage plans.
For more details about these health plan benefits and Amerigroup’s Medicare plans, consumers can call (888) 816-3826, which is available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, April 1 to Sept. 30; and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week, Oct. 1 to March 31. Consumers can also visit the company’s online store at www.myamerigroup.com/medicare.
Amerigroup Texas, Inc. is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract. Amerigroup Texas, Inc. is an HMO DSNP plan with a Medicare contract and a contract with the State Medicaid program. Enrollment in Amerigroup Texas, Inc. depends on contract renewal. We do not discriminate, exclude people, or treat them differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in our health programs and activities. 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電1-888-230-7338（TTY：711。ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-888-230-7338 (TTY: 711). This plan is available to anyone who has both Medical Assistance from the State and Medicare. Other providers are available in our network.
Amerigroup is part of the Anthem Government Business Division (GBD). Through the GBD, Anthem serves 7.4 million seniors, people with disabilities, low-income families and other state and federally sponsored beneficiaries, and National Government Services enrollees (including the Federal Employee Program) in 26 states, making us one of the nation’s leading providers of health care solutions for public programs. Amerigroup accepts all eligible people regardless of age, sex, race or disability.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211001005036/en/
CONTACT: Hieu Nguyen
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA TENNESSEE
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MEDICAL DEVICES INSURANCE SENIORS FITNESS & NUTRITION PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OTHER HEALTH GENERAL HEALTH CONSUMER HEALTH OPTICAL
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 10/01/2021 07:31 AM/DISC: 10/01/2021 07:32 AM