Global Alternative Data Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis and Forecast Report 2021-2028, Featuring Advan, Earnest Research, M Science, and YipitData - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug 23, 2021--
The “Global Alternative Data Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Data Type (Credit & Debit Card Transactions, Social & Sentiment Data, Mobile Application Usage), by Industry, by End User, by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2021-2028” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global alternative data market size is expected to reach USD 69.36 billion by 2028. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 58.5% from 2021 to 2028. The increasing emphasis on gaining alpha from hedge funds is expected to boost the demand for alternative data. The asset managers from hedge funds, mutual funds, private equity funds, pension funds, unit trusts, life insurance companies, and other BFSI entities are highly inclining to use alternative data to derive predictive insights. Moreover, the use of alternative data for risk management processes is expected to drive the market.
Nowadays, data sources are not limited to transactions and email receipts as companies are finding ways to extract data from various emerging sources. These include social media, web traffic, mobile devices, sensors, IoT-based devices, satellites, and e-commerce portals. The data analysts utilize this data in correlation with each other to derive various hidden patterns and insights. However, the data collected from some of these sources conflict with privacy regulations such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Thus, the data aggregators and end-users need regulatory compliance, which ensures their datasets are free from Personal Identifiable Information (PII).
North America dominated the market in 2020 with a share of more than 68.0% and is estimated to continue dominating the market from 2021 to 2028. The emerging presence of numerous alternative data providers in the U.S is the major driving factor. Companies such as Advan, Eagle Alpha, M Science, and YipitData are providing various types of alternative data, including credit and debit card transactions, email receipts, geo-location (foot traffic) records, mobile usage, satellite, weather data, social and sentiment data, and web scraped data. The acquisitions and partnership initiatives from companies, such as Nasdaq and S&P Global Platts, are further expected to fuel the regional market growth. Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as one of the fastest-growing regional markets over the forecast period. This is due to the rising use cases of alternative data in the BFSI, retail, automotive, and telecommunication industries. The use of alternative data for investments and risk assessment, particularly from companies in emerging economies, such as India and China, is expected to boost the regional market growth.
Alternative Data Market Report Highlights
- Amidst the coronavirus pandemic, the companies are using alternative data collected from social media, mobile phones, applications, wearables, and other IoT-based devices to assess changes in consumer behavior patterns related to purchases and interests
- By data type, the credit and debit card transactions segment is anticipated to exhibit the highest CAGR from 2021 to 2028 owing to the high accuracy of the data type and significant demand from asset managers
- Based on end user, hedge fund operators held the largest revenue share in 2020 on account of the rising demand for alt data from the investors and firms to identify lucrative investment opportunities and generate alpha
- The BFSI industry segment is held the largest share in 2020 as the entities such as hedge funds, mutual funds, and insurance companies are the early adopters of alternative data
- North America dominated the global market and accounted for over 68.0% share of the global revenue in 2020. The region is expected to maintain its lead from 2021 to 2028
- Emerging economies, such as India, Thailand, Singapore, and China, are expected to drive the Asia Pacific market owing to the rising use cases of alternative data for predictive risk assessment
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1. Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
Chapter 3. Market Variable, Trends & Scope
Chapter 4. Alternative Data Market: Data Type Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 5. Alternative Data Market: Industry Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 6. Alternative Data Market: End-user Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 7. Alternative Data Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 8. Competitive Analysis
Chapter 9. Competitive Landscape
- Earnest Research
- M Science
- Thinknum Alternative Data
- UBS Evidence Lab
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/inj6gn
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210823005265/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY DATA MANAGEMENT
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 08/23/2021 05:27 AM/DISC: 08/23/2021 05:27 AM