The Worldwide Sputtering Targets and Sputtered Films Industry is Expected to Reach $4.6 Billion by 2026 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 28, 2021--
The “Global Sputtering Targets and Sputtered Films: Technology and Markets 2021-2026” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global market for sputtering targets and sputtered films should grow from $3.4 billion in 2021 to $4.6 billion by 2026 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.9% for the period of 2021-2026.
- Ametek Specialty Metal Products
- Corning Precision Materials Co. Ltd.
- Daido Steel
- Furuya Metal
- Heraeus Materials Technology
- Hitachi Metals
- Honeywell Electronic Materials
- JX Nippon Mining & Metals
- Kobe Steel
- Matsuda Sangyo
- Mitsubishi Materials Corp.
- Mitsui Mining & Smelting
- Singulus Technologies
- Soleras Advanced Coatings
- Sumitomo Chemical
- Sumitomo Metal Mining
- Tanaka Kikinzoku
- Toshiba Materials
The global market for sputtering targets and sputtered films is highly fragmented with a large number of manufacturers present in the market, and manufacturers are focusing on expansion and acquisition activities to gain their competitive edges and to satisfy the increased demand. Many key players are focusing on significant investments in research and development (R&D) to introduce new compounding technologies that can increase product efficiency.
Sputtering targets and sputtered films are segmented into two primary segments:
- Material type
Sputtering targets are high-value products needed to manufacture thin films during sputtering, one of the most popular coating processes used by the advanced materials industry. Over the years, sputtering targets, based on a large number of materials and with various geometrical configurations, have become available to satisfy the requirements of an increasing range of applications.
These applications can be grouped broadly according to the following categories: electronics (including microelectronics, data storage devices and advanced displays), mechanical/chemical, energy, optical coatings and others (such as life sciences and nanotechnology).
This study details the latest developments in sputtering target technology, including target types, materials, fabrication processes and applications. It also provides a detailed market analysis by segment (material type, application and region), describing technical aspects and trends that will affect the future growth of this market.
Growth within this industry is being driven by the rapid expansion of the advanced display market, which has offset, during the past two years, the reduced consumption of targets by the semiconductor and data storage media industries.
The energy sector also accounts for a significant share of the market, although consumption of sputtering targets for the fabrication of solar cells has decreased markedly since 2011.
The Report Includes:
- 96 data tables and 42 additional tables.
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for sputtering targets and sputtered films
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2020, estimates for 2021, with projection of CAGR through 2026
- Analysis of new opportunities, challenges, and technological changes within the industry and highlights of the market potential for sputtering targets and sputtered films by material type, application and region
- Details of the milestones in the history of the sputtering process and recent events; latest developments in the sputtering process, and discussion on the impact of nanotechnology on sputtering targets and sputtered films industry
- Description of multi-station sputtering and cleaning system, roll-to-roll sputtering with in-situ annealing and other production methods
- Detailed analysis of the current market trends and forecast, relevant R&D activities and discussion of regulatory elements that are affecting the future marketplace
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and other key market strategies
- Company profiles of major players in the market, including Corning Precision Materials Co. Ltd., Daido Steel, Furuya Metal, Hitachi Metals, Honeywell Electronic Materials, and Kobe Steel.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Technology Background
- Sputtering Targets and Sputtered Films
- General Description
- Thick and Thin Films
- Cost Factor and Manufacturing Processes
- Thick Film Technologies
- Thin, Nano and Ultrathin Film Technologies
- Milestones in the History of the Sputtering Process and Recent Events
- Latest Developments in the Sputtering Process
- Hybrid-Filtered Arc-Magnetron Sputtering
- Deep Oscillation Magnetron Sputtering
- Pulsed Hybrid Reactive Magnetron Sputtering
- Sputtering Target Types
- Target Shapes
- Target sizes
- Latest Technological Developments
- Loose Granular Sputtering Target
- Fine-grained Copper Targets with Complex Geometry
- Target Materials and Applications
- Latest Significant Trends
- Sputtering Targets for high-efficiency CIGS Solar Cells
- Oxide Semiconductor Targets for Displays
- Rare Earth Targets
- Targets for Perpendicular Magnetic Recording
- Production Methods
- Latest Technological Developments, 2016 to Present
- Process of Refurbishing a Spent Planar Sputtering Target
- Manufacturing Method for Copper Alloy Sputtering Target
- Frictionless Forging of Aluminum Alloy Targets
- Other Relevant R&D Activities
Chapter 4 Market Overview
- Market Dynamics
Chapter 5 Strategic Management Insights
Chapter 6 Key Insights
Chapter 7 Sputtering Targets and Sputtered Films by Material Type
Chapter 8 Sputtering Targets and Sputtered Films by Application
Chapter 9 Sputtering Targets and Sputtered Films by Region
Chapter 10 Company Profiles
Chapter 11 Patent Analysis
Chapter 12 Appendix: Acronyms
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/cz99lc
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210928005917/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: CHEMICALS/PLASTICS MANUFACTURING
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 09/28/2021 11:50 AM/DISC: 09/28/2021 11:51 AM