Global Modular Facilities in Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Market (2021 to 2030) - Industry Trends and Forecasts - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 12, 2021--
The “Modular Facilities in Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Market: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2021-2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Industry stakeholders are regularly in pursuit of building strategic advantage(s) associated with product development and production processes; one of the ways to drive this is to establish flexible manufacturing capacity and deploy the associated infrastructure / facilities swiftly. Over the past few years, a large number of factors have converged to transform the facility construction paradigm within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. The aforementioned factors include optimization of capital expenditure, reduction of construction timelines, integration of single-use technologies (e.g. single-use bioreactors), and the necessity to develop capabilities to support personalized medicine (driven by the need to address therapeutic requirements for rare / orphan clinical conditions).
Pre-engineered, modular facilities have emerged as a versatile solution to the abovementioned problem statement. In fact, this approach has been demonstrated to be capable of addressing several challenges, such as weather-related concerns, shortage of skilled labor, labor contract constraints and delays in supply of raw materials. Furthermore, traditional production platforms require extensive investments, in terms of both capital and time. Such facilities also consist of built-in operating equipment attached to the facility substructure, necessitating extensive renovations for equipment upgrade and reconfiguration. On the other hand, in a modular approach, individual units of a facility and the required equipment (which is integrated into the facility design) are fabricated in factories away from the actual location of the facility. Moreover, the aforementioned facility templates are built to be flexible, with provisions for future expansion of area and capacity. This has been shown to significantly improve infrastructure development and installation time.
For instance, in 2018, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, in collaboration with Legend Biotech, built a modular, commercial-scale facility, using a hybrid construction approach (which involved a combination of off-site and on-site construction); the edifice spanned 38,000 sq ft and was completed within a record time of nine months. It is also worth highlighting that the recent surge in demand for biopharmaceuticals due to COVID-19 pandemic has fueled the need for strategic changes in bioprocessing. In June 2020, Sanofi invested USD 554 million in the construction of a state-of-the-art modular vaccine production facility, in Neuville sur Saone, France, with the capacity to produce three to four vaccines simultaneously.
Productivity in the conventional construction has been shown to never exceed 80%; this is usually attributed to logistical delays (transport of building material to the construction site) and inconsistent availability of manpower. On the other hand, in the modular construction approach, productivities of over 100% (up to 140%) have been reported. This can primarily be attributed to the fact that the latter method is executed in a controlled, fabrication shop environment and much of the fabrication process is automated (which eliminates the excessive reliance on manual labor), thereby, alleviating external risks and minimizing schedule overruns. Next generation construction methods are projected to evolve under the effect of current market dynamics. Several important developments in the pharmaceutical industry are influencing the design and construction of manufacturing facilities.
- 3P Biopharmaceuticals
- A.D Clean Rooms (Katz Group)
- Labyrinth BioPharma (Formerly known as AB Biotechnology)
- ABN Cleanroom Technology
- ACH Engineering
- Acumen Technology
- AES Clean Technology
- Air Micron Cleantech
- Aircare Projects
- Airtech Systems
- Ajinomoto North America
- Albian Group
- Alembic Pharmaceuticals
- Allied Cleanrooms
- AM Technical Solutions
- AME For Industry
- American Cleanroom Systems
- Amicron Cleantech
- Angstrom Technology
- Asgard Cleanroom Solutions
- Avon Modular
- AWS Bio-Pharma Technologies
- Axenic Systems
- Bangalore Air Tech Solution
- BC Technology
- Belcher Equipment
- BioCon Solutions
- Biologics Modular
- Bioscience Institute
- Bode Equipment
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Brammer Bio And Many More Companies!
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the key service providers engaged in domain of modular construction? What are the current trends fueling the adoption of modular construction solutions in the pharma/biotech industries?
- Which key regions are targeted by pharma/biotech companies for expanding their existing facilities and capabilities?
- What type of product lines are actively supported by integrated modular solutions in facility design and construction?
- What are the recent initiatives undertaken by modular manufacturers in order to overcome the challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Which regions are the current hubs for modular construction service providers?
- Which partnership models are most commonly adopted by stakeholders engaged in this industry?
- How is the current and future opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
Key Topics Covered:
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET LANDSCAPE: MODULAR FACILITY MANUFACTURERS
5. MARKET LANDSCAPE: MODULAR CLEANROOM PROVIDERS
6. COMPANY PROFILES
7. PARTNERSHIPS AND COLLABORATIONS
8. FEASIBILITY STUDY
9. FACILITY CONSTRUCTION TRENDS IN THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY
10. MARKET FORECAST
11. PREVELANT AND EMERGING INDUSTRY TRENDS
12. FUTURE GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
14. EXECUTIVE INSIGHTS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/igg6hk
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210712005645/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: BIOTECHNOLOGY PHARMACEUTICAL HEALTH
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 07/12/2021 12:00 PM/DISC: 07/12/2021 12:02 PM