The Worldwide Metal Nanoparticle Industry is Expected to Reach $81.5 Billion by 2028 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan 12, 2022--
The “Global Metal Nanoparticle Market Forecast to 2028 - COVID-19 Impact and Global Analysis By Metal (Platinum, Gold, Silver, Iron, Titanium, and Others) and End-Use Industry” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global metal nanoparticles market was valued at US$ 25,373.92 million in 2020 and is projected to reach US$ 81,567.38 million by 2028; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2021 to 2028.
Metal Nanoparticles have exceptional properties such as high aspect ratio and uniform size. They are used in a wide spectrum of applications, such as catalysis, medical, and energy storage. The metal nanoparticles have various applications in end-use industries, such as pharmaceuticals and healthcare, chemical, cosmetics, and electrical and electronics.
Based on end-use industry, the global metal nanoparticles market is segmented into pharmaceutical and healthcare, electrical and electronics, chemicals, personal care and cosmetics, and others. The pharmaceuticals and healthcare segment held the largest market share in 2020. Metal nanoparticles have various applications in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector such as their use as therapeutic agents as well as in drug delivery, bioimaging, and cancer treatment and diagnostics. Many countries across the world are researching on metal nanoparticles that can be applied for cancer treatment. Along with this, the use of gold nanoparticles in the COVID-19 antibodies test kits is driving the demand for metal nanoparticles in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector.
Geographically, the metal nanoparticles market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), South America (SAM), and Middle East & Africa (MEA). In 2020, North America dominated the market. The increased applications of metal nanoparticles in industries, such as healthcare, cosmetic, and electricals and electronics, and the presence of domestic and international companies operating in the region and continuously enhancing the overall business processes would create lucrative growth opportunities for the market in North America during the forecast period. Along with this, an increased use of gold nanoparticles in the development of photovoltaic or solar cell is driving the metal nanoparticles market growth in the region.
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the metal nanoparticles market. The outbreak has distorted operational efficiency and disrupted the value chains due to the sudden shutdown of national and international boundaries, which has created revenue loss and damage. The disruptions in the production and supply chain have had a negative impact on the metal nanoparticles market. The implementation of lockdown in various countries along with travel restrictions has lessened the global supply of products along with a reduced logistic operation.
Research has been ongoing for the utilization of gold nanoparticles for COVID-19 testing kits, which will provide the results in minutes. In the US, a group of researchers at the University of Maryland claimed that they have developed a diagnostic test that can detect the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19 within 10 minutes and the results will be visible with naked eyes. The test is a simple colorimetry-based assay, which uses gold nanoparticles that are capped with the nucleic acid sequence of the nucleocapsid phosphoprotein of the SARS-COV-2 virus.
Reasons to buy
- Highlights key business priorities in order to assist companies to realign their business strategies.
- The key findings and recommendations highlight crucial progressive industry trends in the global metal nanoparticle market, thereby allowing players to develop effective long-term strategies.
- Develop/modify business expansion plans by using substantial growth offering developed and emerging markets.
- Scrutinize in-depth the market trends and outlook coupled with the factors driving the market, as well as those hindering it.
- Enhance the decision-making process by understanding the strategies that underpin commercial interest with respect to products, segmentation, and industry verticals.
- Application of Metal Nanoparticles in Medical Industry
- Increasing Use as Catalysts
- Harmful Impacts of Metal Nanoparticles on Environment and Ecosystems
- Complex and Expensive Manufacturing
- Growing Demand from Developing Countries
- Reduction of Costs and Improvement of Quality Using Biological Methods
- American Elements
- BBI Group
- EPRUI Biotech Co. Ltd.
- Meliorum Technologies, Inc.
- Nanosc, Inc.
- Nanostructured and Amorphous Materials, Inc.
- Nanoshel LLC.
- TANAKA HOLDINGS Co., Ltd.
- US Research Nanomaterials INC
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/9dhf40
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220112005692/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MINING/MINERALS NATURAL RESOURCES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2022.
PUB: 01/12/2022 09:32 AM/DISC: 01/12/2022 09:32 AM