Global Ultra-Thin Glass Market (2021 to 2028) - Featuring Corning, AGC and Emerge Glass Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 30, 2021--
The “Ultra-Thin Glass Market Forecast to 2028 - COVID-19 Impact and Global Analysis by Manufacturing Process, Application, and End-Use Industry” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global ultra-thin glass market was valued at US$ 6,139.56 million in 2020 and is projected to reach US$ 15,264.74 million by 2028; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.5% from 2021 to 2028.
Ultra-thin glass is those glass whose thickness is below 1-2mm. Chemical strengthening via ion exchange is commonly used to reinforce ultra-thin glass used for high-tech applications. Hardened ultra-thin glass is scratch-resistant and bendable up to a radius of a few millimeters. The properties of ultra-thin glass such as corrosion resistance, transparency, flexibility, excellent gas and water barrier, and high impact resistance make it suitable for various applications such as flat panel displays, automotive glazing, among others.
Geographically, the ultra-thin glass market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), South and Central America (SAM), and Middle East & Africa (MEA). In 2020, Asia Pacific held the largest revenue share of the market and is also expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
The ultra-thin glass market across the region is projected to witness remarkable growth in the coming years owing to the rapidly expanding consumer electronics industry in countries such as China, Japan, and South Korea. China is one of the largest consumer electronics markets across the world, along with Japan and South Korea. Due to the high concentration of consumer electronics manufacturers in Asia-Pacific, the demand for ultra-thin glass from the manufacturers of electronic goods across the region is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period.
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has drastically altered the status of the chemicals & materials sector and negatively impacted the growth of the ultra-thin glass market. The implementation of measures to combat the spread of the novel coronavirus has aggravated the situation and has negatively impacted the growth of several sectors. Industries, such as automotive and consumer electronics, have been negatively impacted by the sudden distortion in operational efficiencies and disruptions in the value chains due to the sudden closure of national and international boundaries. The decline in the growth of the several sectors negatively impacted the demand for ultra-thin glass in the global market.
However, as the economies are planning to revive their operations, the demand for ultra-thin glass is expected to rise globally in the coming years. Due to the pandemic, the adoption of remote work culture and online education is growing. Therefore, the demand for products such as laptops, smartphones, and other telecommunication devices is growing. The expanding demand for ultra-thin glass in various industries, such as automotive and consumer electronics, along with significant investments by prominent manufacturers is expected to drive the growth of the ultra-thin glass market during the forecast period.
Reasons to Buy
- Save and reduce time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the growth, size, leading players and segments in the global ultra-thin glass market.
- Highlights key business priorities in order to assist companies to realign their business strategies.
- The key findings and recommendations highlight crucial progressive industry trends in the global ultra-thin glass market, thereby allowing players across the value chain to develop effective long-term strategies.
- Develop/modify business expansion plans by using substantial growth offering developed and emerging markets.
- Scrutinize in-depth global market trends and outlook coupled with the factors driving the ultra-thin glass market, as well as those hindering it.
- Enhance the decision-making process by understanding the strategies that underpin commercial interest with respect to client products, segmentation, pricing and distribution
- Growing Consumer Electronics Industry
- Technical Barriers in Ultra-Thin Float Glass Production
- Fluctuating Raw Material Prices
- Growing Demand from Automotive Industry
- Growing Use of Ultra-Thin Glass in Foldable Devices
- Corning Incorporated
- AGC Inc.
- Nippon Electric Glass Co., Ltd.
- SCHOTT AG
- Central Glass Co., Ltd.
- CSG Holding Co., Ltd.
- Emerge Glass
- Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd
- Xinyi Glass Holdings Limited
- Luoyang Glass Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4rmty9
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211230005197/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: OTHER MANUFACTURING MANUFACTURING
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 12/30/2021 09:54 AM/DISC: 12/30/2021 09:54 AM