2 Day Training Course on Strategic Thinking in the Pharma and Biopharma Industry - October 14-15, 2021 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun 22, 2021--
The “Strategic Thinking in the Pharma and Biopharma Industry Training Course” conference has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Pharmaceutical and Biopharma industry is going through increasingly rapid external and internal changes, particularly as a result of the impact of Covid-19. Aspiring managers need to have a clear vision of where they are now, what the future holds, and of future options - at all levels during these challenging times.
This two-day interactive workshop will allow you to explore and consider new ways of thinking, making choices and implementing them using ‘Helicopter’ or ‘Strategic Thinking’. By applying this knowledge you will be able to reduce the uncertainty involved in business planning, and understand how to manage the opportunities and threats that you face in your role within the pharmaceutical and biopharma industry, particularly during the pandemic. You will be able to implement what you have learnt on the course and immediately apply this into the workplace.
The workshop will focus on a number of areas in the pharmaceutical industry including the impact of Covid-19 and delegates will have the opportunity to work on and explore their own issues.
Key areas covered:
- What is ‘strategy’ & ‘strategic thinking’ - and the importance of this within the pharma and biopharma industry during Covid-19?
- Building strategic plans for your teams, group and/or organisation
- Application to pharma case studies, your issues and Covid-19 at a departmental, and individual level
- How to use the strategic thinking tool-kit in a Covid-19 environment
Who Should Attend:
All those in the pharmaceutical industry who face tough choices, particularly at this challenging time, and who feel that they can rise to future challenges by being more strategic, behaviourally skilled, and creative. Managers who are keen to be able to deliver strategy more easily and to then evaluate its effectiveness - whether technical or commercial. This is particularly relevant to heads of teams/departments, those responsible for leading a project, or those in roles attempting to influence other areas of their organisation, especially in matrix management.
Key Topics Covered:
- Introduction. What is strategy? (and the “cunning plan”). Helicopter thinking. The importance of strategy for the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry. Discuss the impact of Covid-19 and how companies are managing the disruption and looking for opportunities
- Analysing the environmental analysis (PEST, growth drivers, Porter’s five forces). Competitive positioning, SWOT. Business plans. Case studies for the pharmaceutical industry.
- Behavioural: managing politics and influencing agendas (upwards/horizontal thinking); behaving strategically, effective facilitation of your /other teams.
- Generating and evaluating novel options. Creativity prompts/checklists. Pharma cases - managing strategic dilemmas.
- Delivery: preparing a “position paper”, managing implementation, change management and leadership, effective communication, managing difficult stakeholders.
- Evaluation: Monitoring implementation proactively - problem diagnosis. Uses performance drivers.
- Application: working on difficult choices, implementation and strategic influencing issues in your own role. Also preparing an outline “mini-business plan” for an issue of your choice.
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/jpraql
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210622005906/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: BIOTECHNOLOGY PHARMACEUTICAL HEALTH
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 06/22/2021 11:59 AM/DISC: 06/22/2021 11:59 AM