Health Net’s Martha Santana-Chin Named “Insurance Executive of the Year” by the Los Angeles Business Journal
SACRAMENTO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug 31, 2021--
Martha Santana-Chin, Medi-Cal President of Health Net, has been has been named “Insurance Executive of the Year” by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210831005164/en/
Martha Santana-Chin, Health Net Medi-Cal President (Photo: Business Wire)
The business journal recently announced its 2021 Health Care Leadership Awards, which recognized Santana-Chin and 15 other organizations and individuals in Los Angeles for their contributions to the health care sector during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In her role as Health Net’s Medi-Cal President, Santana-Chin provides executive oversight to the plan’s Medi-Cal program, which serves low-income adults, seniors, pregnant women, children, foster children, undocumented residents, and persons with disabilities.
Her accomplishments throughout the pandemic include a variety of strategic, operational, and technological achievements that helped members and residents access high-quality, affordable care:
- Recognized the key role telemedicine would play for Californians during the pandemic. Within seven weeks of the state’s shelter-at-home orders, Santana-Chin’s team launched digital telemedicine for all 2 million Health Net Medi-Cal members, so they could easily and conveniently access care safely from their smart phones or computers.
- Helped Medi-Cal providers and clinics launch or expand telemedicine. Health Net awarded 138 grants, totaling $13.4 million, to independent provider practices, rural health centers, community clinics, Indian health centers, and others across the state. At the time, it was the largest cash grant program focused on this cause and awarded by a California health plan.
- Oversaw Health Net’s Mobile RV Vaccination Initiative to help vaccinate largely Black and Brown communities. The company partnered with San Bernardino County and safety net clinics in Los Angeles and Sacramento counties to co-host more than 90 vaccination clinics. Health Net’s Mobile RV team administered more than 9,000 vaccines.
- Led a data analytics initiative to predict which members lacked access to basic necessities during the pandemic — and then connected them to needed resources. The company contacted members and arranged services, ranging from food delivery from a local food bank, transportation to doctors’ appointments, and buying clothes for homebound members.
- Enhanced Health Net’s Medi-Cal Regional Leadership Team Structure. The health plan recently announced a new regional model and leadership structure to ensure every community has regional leadership and improved access to high-quality care and services.
“Since the national pandemic began, Martha’s principled leadership has driven real progress in expanded access to quality of care for local residents and Health Net members,” said Brian Ternan, President and CEO of Health Net. “Her record exemplifies a commitment to advancing health equity, serving our most vulnerable populations, and working directly with providers at the local level.”
“It’s an honor to be recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal and to share this recognition with industry peers for their work and dedication during the pandemic,” said Santana-Chin. “ I am incredibly proud of Health Net’s work to date, but as our state faces the Delta variant threat, there’s still much work to be done. Health Net remains committed to helping our members access high-quality care and services throughout the pandemic and beyond.”
Health Net’s History and Expertise with Medi-Cal
Health Net was founded more than 40 years ago in California and is one of the state’s longest-serving and most experienced Medi-Cal partners. Today, two-thirds of the company’s 3 million members are Medi-Cal enrollees. To learn more, visit: http://bridgingthedivideca.com/.
About Health Net
At Health Net, we believe every person deserves a safety net for their health, regardless of age, income, employment status or current state of health. Founded in California more than 40 years ago, we’re dedicated to transforming the health of our community, one person at a time. Today, Health Net’s 2,600 employees and 85,000 network providers serve 3 million members. That’s nearly 1 in 12 Californians. We provide health plans for individuals, families, businesses of every size and people who qualify for Medi-Cal or Medicare — Coverage for Every Stage of Life TM. Health Net also offers access to substance abuse programs, behavioral health services, employee assistance programs and managed health care products related to prescription drugs. We offer these health plans and services through Health Net, LLC and its subsidiaries: Health Net of California, Inc., Health Net Life Insurance Company and Health Net Community Solutions, Inc. These entities are wholly owned subsidiaries of Centene Corporation (NYSE: CNC), a Fortune 25 company that offers affordable and high-quality products to nearly 1 in 15 individuals across the nation. For more information, visit HealthNet.Com.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210831005164/en/
CONTACT: Jaime Botello
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PROFESSIONAL SERVICES HEALTH OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES INSURANCE OTHER HEALTH GENERAL HEALTH
SOURCE: Health Net
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 08/31/2021 02:03 PM/DISC: 08/31/2021 02:03 PM