12 Japanese Healthcare Corporations to Showcase to Potential Startup Partners at Online Healthcare Convention
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun 23, 2021--
The Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) announced that 12 major Japanese corporate venture capital groups (CVCs) and new tech hunters will be participating in their upcoming Online Healthcare Convention from July 14-15, 2021. The convention will feature keynote presentations from industry veterans, pitch sessions by Japanese corporates, and B2B meetings. The event is free, but pre-registration is required. It will be recorded for registrants who cannot attend in real-time. Companies are accepting requests for B2B meetings now.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210623005756/en/
JETRO to host Online Healthcare Convention featuring pitch event with 12 Japanese corporations (Graphic: Business Wire)
- Nippon Life Insurance Company ( https://www.nissay.co.jp/kaisha/nipponlifex/en/ ): Nippon Life partners with startups to support their expansion into Japan and holds a $100m fund for early stage InsureTech, Healthtech, and Fintech startups.
- Dai-ichi Life Holdings, Inc. ( https://www.dai-ichi-life-hd.com/en/index.html ): Dai-Ichi Life collaborates with startups and academia to develop advanced healthcare models to match the digital transformation of the economy and society.
- SOMPO Himawari Life Insurance Inc. ( https://www.sompo-hd.com/en/group/life/ ): SOMPO Himawari Life aims to provide new value to customers through “Insurhealth,” which combines insurance and healthcare, by collaborating with innovative companies.
Device & Materials
- TEIJIN PHARMA LIMITED ( https://www.teijin-pharma.com/ ): Teijin Pharma seeks opportunities to introduce non-invasive medical devices/digital solutions into home healthcare.
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. ( https://www.murata.com/en-us ): Murata - a worldwide leader in electronic components and advanced materials - is looking for partners for increasing growth in the U.S. Healthcare and Medical markets.
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. ( https://www.mitsuichemicals.com/ ): Mitsui Chemicals is looking to invest in and partner with startups specializing in robotics, sensing technology, and data management.
- Toray Industries, Inc. ( https://www.toray.us/ ): Toray - one of the world’s leading chemical and materials companies - specializes in organic synthetic chemistry, polymer chemistry, biotechnology, and nanotechnology.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited ( https://www.takeda.com/ ): Takeda is a patient-focused global biopharmaceutical company, which focuses on age-related neurological disorders, hereditary neurological disorders, and neuromuscular disorders.
- SEKISUI CHEMICAL CO., LTD ( https://www.sekisuichemical.com/ ): Sekisui Chemical is a worldwide chemical company aiming to expand their Life Science business and promote their state-of-art mass cell processing materials.
- Astellas Innovation Management LLC ( https://aim.astellas.com/en ): Astellas Innovation Management focuses on identifying and evaluating early-stage startups to drive innovation in biology and pathophysiology, therapeutic modality/technology, and diseases of high unmet medical need.
- Taiho Ventures, LLC ( https://www.taihoventures.com/ ): Taiho Ventures, LLC is the corporate venture arm of a Japanese specialty pharmaceutical company focusing on oncology, allergy and immunology, and urology.
- Shonan Health Innovation Park ( https://www.shonan-health-innovation-park.com/en/ ): Shonan iPark is a science park founded in 2018 to convene private and public sector organizations and academic institutions to help accelerate health innovation.
For business and media inquiries, please contact JETRO San Francisco at email@example.com. For detailed information about the event, speakers, and more, please visit: https://www.jetro.go.jp/usa/topics/online-healthcare-convention-2021.html
The Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) is a Japanese government-related organization that assists innovative startups in expanding their businesses into the global market. The organization provides extensive support for business development, including consultation on go-to-market strategies, to help small businesses grow and to foster their relationships with global counterparts.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210623005756/en/
CONTACT: Takanari (Tak) Yamashita
KEYWORD: JAPAN ASIA PACIFIC
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MEDICAL SUPPLIES HEALTH HOSPITALS GENERAL HEALTH PHARMACEUTICAL BIOTECHNOLOGY
SOURCE: The Japan External Trade Organization
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 06/23/2021 01:00 PM/DISC: 06/23/2021 01:02 PM