Global Animal Health Market and Segment Forecasts, 2021-2028: A $88.6 Billion Market by 2028 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug 20, 2021--
The “Global Animal Health Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Animal Type (Production, Companion), by Product (Pharmaceuticals, Diagnostics), by Distribution Channel, by End-use, by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2021-2028” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global animal health market size is expected to reach USD 88.6 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 9.0% over the forecast period.
The market is driven by technological advancements in veterinary care, which are anticipated to offer the market future growth opportunities. For instance, MediLabSecure, a laboratory network project (2014-2021), was initiated to identify emerging viruses and pathogens in 19 countries in the Mediterranean regions. In addition, the emergence of veterinary health information systems, specifically in developed economies, is expected to provide high growth potential in the future.
With the help of these systems, data generated in veterinary clinics can be uploaded on the internet, which can be further shared with other researchers and clinicians. The incorporation of this technology will facilitate real-time analysis for fluctuations in disease prevalence. As a consequence of the aforementioned factors, it is presumed that there will be a significant improvement in the overall penetration rate of veterinary health products, which is anticipated to fuel market demand as well as revenue.
North America captured a substantial share in the global market in 2020 owing to a high incidence rate of zoonotic diseases, an increasing number of pet owners, technological advancements, and a wide range of definitive measures adopted by welfare organizations in the region. Asia Pacific is expected to exhibit the fastest CAGR over the forecast years due to the consistent R&D investments by prominent players and their efforts to commercialize branded and generic therapeutics at relatively low prices.
Key market participants employ sustainability strategies, such as expanding product portfolio, to gain a competitive advantage. For instance, in April 2019, Merck acquired Antelliq Corp., operational in the field of digital animal identification, traceability, and monitoring solutions. This acquisition helped the company improve its veterinary vaccines and pharmaceutical solutions portfolio.
Animal Health Market Report Highlights
- By product, diagnostics are expected to exhibit a lucrative growth rate of 11.7% from 2021 to 2028 due to a significant increase in the adoption of pets, which demands long-term health plans
- The companion animal type segment is anticipated to grow at the fastest CAGR from 2021 to 2028 as a result of rising pet ownership due to associated health benefits for humans, such as lower blood pressure, greater psychological stability, and reduced anxiety attacks
- The retail and e-commerce distribution channel segments accounted for notable shares in 2020 owing to factors, such as the increasing number of retail pharmacies and convenience associated with online pharmacies
- Point-of-Care (POC) testing is estimated to register the fastest CAGR from 2021 to 2028 due to a rise in demand for highly productive animals and growing investments in R&D for novel pet products
- In 2020, North America accounted for the largest revenue share owing to the presence of well-established pharmaceutical companies that consistently strive for extensive commercialization of their products
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to record the fastest CAGR from 2021 to 2028 owing to the high clinical urgency to curb incidence of zoonotic diseases and management of disease outbreaks, such as swine influenza and Ebola
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Animal Health Market Variables, Trends & Scope
Chapter 4 Regulatory & Political Forces
Chapter 5 Competitive & Vendor Landscape
Chapter 6 Animal Health Market: Animal Type Estimates and Forecasts to 2027
Chapter 7 Animal Health Market: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 8 Animal Health Market: Distribution Channel Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 9 Animal Health Market: End-use Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 10 Animal Health Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Animal Type, Product, Distribution Channel, End-use
Chapter 11 Company Profiles
- Merck Animal Health
- Ceva Sante Animale
- Vetiquinol S.A.
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Bayer AG
- Nutreco N.V.
- Heska Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/d84pid
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210820005269/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
firstname.lastname@example.orgFor E.S.T. Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
KEYWORD: EUROPE UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA ASIA PACIFIC MASSACHUSETTS
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: VETERINARY AGRICULTURE BIOTECHNOLOGY NATURAL RESOURCES PHARMACEUTICAL PETS HEALTH CONSUMER
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 08/20/2021 11:13 AM/DISC: 08/20/2021 11:13 AM