Ten Sexual Abuse Prevention Essentials for Summer Camps and Programs
--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 6, 2021--
Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.:
WHAT: The risk of childhood sexual abuse is real. Here are some sobering statistics:
- One in four girls and one in 13 boys experience sexual abuse at some point in childhood, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Ninety-one percent of child sexual abuse is perpetrated by someone the child or the child’s family knows.
Given the thousands of children sexually abused each year, abuse prevention for youth-serving organizations is of paramount importance. As schools, nonprofit organizations and houses of worship open their doors for in-person summer camps and programming, Church Mutual recommends these 10 essentials of sexual abuse prevention:
In addition to these 10 tips, Church Mutual offers more sexual abuse prevention resources free on its website. To access the tools and information, visit: https://www.churchmutual.com/169/Sexual-Abuse-Prevention
About Church Mutual
Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I., founded in 1897, offers specialized insurance for religious organizations of all denominations, public and private K-12 schools, colleges and universities, senior living facilities, secular and non-secular camps and conference centers, and nonprofit and human services organizations throughout the United States. Church Mutual markets most lines of commercial property and liability insurance, including multi-peril, workers’ compensation and commercial auto insurance. In addition to insurance, Church Mutual provides a spectrum of value-added solutions that benefit its customers. Church Mutual holds the following honors:
- A.M. Best Company “A” (excellent) rating
- Wisconsin 75 Top Private Company by Deloitte US, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Wisconsin 75 Distinguished Performer: Innovation by Deloitte US 2019
- 2021 Gallup Culture Transformation Award recipient
- 2020 Women and Diversity Award recipient from the American Property Casualty Insurance Association
- Futuremakers Partner by Wisconsin Technical College System
- Celent Model Insurer for innovation and emerging technologies
- Award in Innovation for entrepreneurialism and innovation by National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
- 2018-2019 Employer of the Year by Northcentral Technical College
1 Church Mutual is a stock insurer whose policyholders are members of the parent mutual holding company formed on 1/1/20. S.I. = a stock insurer.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210706005659/en/
CONTACT: Jennifer Johnson
Corporate Communications Consultant
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA WISCONSIN
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: CONSUMER RELIGION PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CHILDREN INSURANCE
SOURCE: Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 07/06/2021 01:00 PM/DISC: 07/06/2021 01:00 PM