Global Semiconductor Equipment Market (2021 to 2026) - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact and Forecasts - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug 16, 2021--
The “Semiconductor Equipment Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The semiconductor equipment market is expected to register a CAGR of 8% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026).
- Applied Materials Inc.
- ASML Holding Semiconductor Company
- Tokyo Electron Limited
- Lam Research Corporation
- KLA Corporation
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company
- Advantest Corporation
- Teradyne Inc.
- Hitachi High -Technologies Corporation
Key Market Trends
Increase in Demand of Smartphones will Drive the Market
- Consumer Electronics is the fastest-growing segment among all, which is contributing to market growth. The main driving force for this segment is the growth of smartphones, which is expected to rise, with the rise in population.
- Mobile subscribers are also expected to grow from 5.1 billion in 2018 to 5.8 billion in 2025 as per GSM 2019 Report. Due to the miniaturization trend of mobile devices, there has been a rise in the semiconductor industry, which in returns drives the market for the semiconductor equipment market.
- Moreover, according to the Consumer Technology Association, smartwatch unit sales reached 141 million (unit sales) in 2018, from 75 million in 2017, which is expected to contribute to the semiconductor industry.
- Samsung introduced its Galaxy Watch in August 2018, a smartwatch with a Bluetooth or standalone LTE model. Moreover, Huami Corporation, a biometric and activity data-driven company with significant expertise in smart wearable technology, also launched the Amazfit Verge and the Amazfit smartwatch.
- Therefore, all the above factors are expected to drive the market for the semiconductor equipment.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Drive the Market Growth
- The Asia-Pacific semiconductor manufacturing equipment market is projected to witness high growth due to the cyclical resumption of growth in the semiconductor industry and the expansion of the equipment manufacturers operating in the region. One of the major factors for this expansion is the financial support that Asian governments are extending to this industry. Chins established the National Integrated Circuit Industry Investment Fund that supports the expansion of the domestic equipment industry.
- The Government of India recently proposed launching a new scheme in line with the “Assemble In India” proposal of the 2019-20 Economic Survey to make India a hub for electronic manufacturing in the near future. India and Israel have been collaborating to facilitate the development of the Indian electronics manufacturing industry, and the 11th India Israel Forum recently proposed the introduction of USD 912 million capex subsidy for new equipment introduction to the industry.
- The growing investment in R&D is expected to keep the region ahead of the curve during the forecast period. For instance, TSMC is investing in a new R&D center that is expected to become functional in 2020 and aims to facilitate the development of the futuristic 3-nanometer process or even more advanced technology. TSMC plans to undertake mass production of the 5nm process in the first half of 2020 and 3nm in 2022.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Increasing Needs of Consumer Electronic Devices Boosting the Manufacturing Prospects
4.3.2 Proliferation of Artificial Intelligence, IoT, and Connected Devices across Industry Verticals
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Dynamic Nature of Technologies Requires Several Changes in Manufacturing Equipment
4.5 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Equipment Type
5.2 End-user Industry
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/pelrnn
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210816005521/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY SEMICONDUCTOR
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 08/16/2021 12:05 PM/DISC: 08/16/2021 12:06 PM