Yamaha Motor to Establish Environmental Technology Investment Fund
IWATA, Japan--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 22, 2021--
Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. (TOKYO: 7272) announced that it plans to establish an investment fund seeking potential business partners and startups for collaborations that will accelerate the development of environmental technologies.
The Yamaha Motor group has set a new goal of aiming for carbon neutrality throughout all of its business activities, including across the life cycles of its products,* by 2050.
The planned fund will aid in Yamaha Motor achieving its targets by supporting new businesses that contribute to the preservation and/or progress of the global environment. The Yamaha Motor group aims to help build new businesses that will lead to carbon-negative solutions in the environmental resources field.
*Emissions as a direct result of business activities (Scope 1 and 2) and emissions outside of these (Scope 3).
– Searching for and investing in venture companies that specialize in environmental resources
- Total fund amount: US$100 million
- Fund period: 15 years
- Establishment: 2022 (scheduled)
- Fund operator location: Silicon Valley, California, United States
- Administrator: Yamaha Motor Ventures & Laboratory Silicon Valley (YMVSV)
Purpose and Expectations
– Support new businesses contributing to the preservation and/or progress of the global environment
– Focus on environmental resource issues requiring solutions
– Consider investments in businesses with potential for growth, regardless of region
– Aim to build new businesses that will lead to carbon-negative solutions in the environmental resources field
- Integrated Report 2021
- Environmental Technology Presentation (incl. The Fund page on 13)
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210722005041/en/
CONTACT: Naoto Horie
Global PR Group, Corporate Communication Division
Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd.
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES JAPAN NORTH AMERICA ASIA PACIFIC CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PROFESSIONAL SERVICES MOTORCYCLES TECHNOLOGY AUTOMOTIVE ENVIRONMENT MARITIME AUTOMOTIVE MANUFACTURING TRANSPORT FINANCE OTHER AUTOMOTIVE OTHER TECHNOLOGY MANUFACTURING
SOURCE: Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd.
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 07/22/2021 02:00 PM/DISC: 07/22/2021 02:02 PM