Global Precision Farming Market Report 2021: Growing Application of Telematics & Growing Government Support for the Adoption of Modern Agricultural Methods - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 11, 2021--
The “Global Precision Farming Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Offering, by Application (Yield Monitoring, Weather Tracking, Field Mapping, Crop Scouting), by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2021-2028” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global precision farming market size is anticipated to reach USD 16.35 billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 13.1%.
Precision farming, also known as site-specific crop management or satellite farming, is a farm management concept that uses information technology to ensure optimum health and productivity of crops.
The precision farming technique largely depends on specialized equipment such as sensing devices, antennas and access points, and automation and control systems. It also involves maintenance services and managed services. Additionally, it incorporates a broad range of technologies such as bio-engineering, robotics and automation, imagery and sensors, and big data.
The growing number of applications for telematics in agriculture is anticipated to drive demand for precision farming over the projected period. Telematics services include tracking devices using the Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) to show the position of the equipment for management purposes.
Major manufacturers of agriculture equipment are adopting telematics services for their equipment to improve farm efficiency, thereby reducing the cost of agricultural operations and maximizing profitability. Additionally, improved management can help reduce environmental impact.
Telematics technology is used to capture and transfer data from the farm equipment through sensors installed on tractors and other field monitoring equipment. The increasing adoption of telematics systems by agricultural equipment companies is expected to drive market growth.
Furthermore, with advancements in GPS guidance and automation, drones are poised to transform the agriculture industry. The ability of drones to precisely analyze the soil at the beginning of the crop cycle and detect a plant infected with bacteria or fungus is anticipated to propel the growth of the drone segment.
However, the low rate of technology adoption among farmers is likely to hamper market growth over the forecast period. This may be due to factors such as the absence of stringent standards and limitations on the exchange of data.
Furthermore, farmers lack independent consulting and advisory services owing to the absence of validated agronomic models for Variable Rate Technology (VRT) to make decisions on investments. Independent services are not linked to co-operatives, government bodies, and farmer associations where farmers can get additional information to make improved decisions.
Precision Farming Market Report Highlights
- Increasing government support for adopting modern agricultural techniques and the growing need for efficiently monitoring the health of crops are expected to drive market growth
- The cloud-based software model is anticipated to gain significant market share over the projected period as it reduces energy consumption and provides storage for a large amount of data while facilitating cost saving
- Innovations in GPS mapping and related farming applications are enabling farmers to operate more efficiently and increase their profit margins
- Demand for drones is expected to grow in the agriculture field as they are increasingly used in monitoring irrigation systems
- Yield monitoring finds wide applications in soil monitoring as it helps detect the properties of soil for increasing yields
- The digital revolution in the agricultural sector, along with government financial incentives to farms, is likely to drive demand for precision farming in Europe in the forthcoming years
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth owing to the availability of the largest agricultural land, which provides growth opportunities in countries such as China, India, Australia, and Japan
- Key players in the precision agriculture market include AgEagle Aerial Systems Inc. (Agribotix LLC); Deere and Company; Proagrica (SST Development Group, Inc.); Farmers Edge, Inc.; and Granular, Inc.
Market driver analysis
- Growing awareness of precision farming
- Challenges involved in agricultural work
- Growing awareness of the benefits of agriculture drones
- Growing government support for the adoption of modern agricultural methods
Market restraint analysis
- High initial capital investment
Market challenge analysis
- Scarcity of trained farmers
- Lack of technology adoption among farmers
Market opportunity analysis
- Growing application of telematics in agriculture
- Ag Leader Technology
- AgJunction, Inc.
- AGCO Corporation
- AgEagle Aerial Systems Inc. (Agribotix LLC)
- CropMetrics LLC
- Deere and Company
- DICKEY-john Corporation
- Farmers Edge Inc.
- Grownetics, Inc.
- Granular, Inc.
- Raven Industries, Inc.
- Proagrica (SST Development Group, Inc.)
- Trimble, Inc.
- The Climate Corporation (a subsidiary of Monsanto Company)
- Topcon Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3yjhj4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211011005494/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: AGRICULTURE NATURAL RESOURCES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 10/11/2021 10:48 AM/DISC: 10/11/2021 10:48 AM