Global Molded Pulp Packaging Market (2021 to 2028) - Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 2, 2021--
The “Molded Pulp Packaging Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Source (Wood, Non-Wood), Molded Type (Thermoformed, Transfer), Product (Clamshells, Trays), Application, and Segment Forecasts, 2021-2028” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global molded pulp packaging market size is expected to reach USD 6.1 billion by 2028., expanding at a CAGR of 6.1% over the forecast period. Growing demand for eco-friendly sustainable packaging from the end-user segments owing to growing awareness regarding the adverse effects of plastic pollution is expected to be the key driver for the market.
The Covid-19 pandemic has benefitted the molded pulp packaging owing to increased demand for eggs from the retail segment. In addition, increasing demand for home deliveries of fresh food, vegetables, and other grocery items owing to restrictions on the movement of the public also supported the market growth. However, shortages of raw material owing to supply chain disruption have increased the prices of the packaging products.
Molded pulp packaging usage was limited to the transportation and distribution of eggs but owing to increased demand for recyclable, eco-friendly packaging, the penetration of these products in electronics, healthcare, and other industrial applications is also on the rise, which is expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
Molded pulp products are made of pulp obtained from virgin wood, discarded corrugated & folding boxes, recovered or wastepaper, and other sources. The aesthetic appeal and geometry of molded pulp products are not consistent when compared with plastic products. whereas plastic molded products offer excellent finishing & product appeal and shape consistency. Rapid development in bioplastic and biodegradable plastics is expected to create challenges for the market players.
- Brodrene Hartmann A/S
- Huhtamaki Oyj
- UFP Technologies, Inc.
- Thermoform Engineered Quality LLC
- Genpak, LLC
- Eco-Products, Inc.
- Pro-Pac Packaging Limited
- Henry Molded Products, Inc.
- Sabert Corporation
Molded Pulp Packaging Market Report Highlights
- The wood pulp segment dominated the market in 2020 due to the abundant availability of virgin wood and wastepaper at a lower cost
- The transfer type segment accounted for the highest revenue share in 2020 owing to the high penetration of transfer molded pulp products, such as clamshells and trays, for fruits and eggs packaging
- Trays emerged as dominating product segment in 2020 on account of high demand for transport of fragile products including glass beverage bottles, wine bottles, eggs, etc. due to their easy availability, low cost, and good shock absorption capabilities
- The electronics end-use segment is anticipated to register the fastest CAGR over the forecast period
- Several electronic products, such as modems, set-up boxes, refrigerators, inverters, and printers, are packaged using molded pulp packaging products, such as end caps as they protect electronic devices during storage and transportation
- New product developments coupled with mergers & acquisitions, and capacity expansions are some of the key strategies adopted by market participants
- For instance, in December 2019, Huhtamaki launched a packaging product line called Future Smart Duo Fiber Lid suitable for cold and hot beverages. It is a sustainable solution produced using a mixture of bagasse and wood fibers
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends, and Scope
3.1 Market Lineage Outlook
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
3.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.4 Technology Timeline
3.5 Regulatory Framework
3.6 Market Dynamics
3.7 Business Environment Analysis: Molded Pulp Packaging Market
3.8 Market Strategies
Chapter 4 Molded Pulp Packaging Market: Source Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Definition & Scope
4.2 Source movement & market share analysis, 2020 & 2028
4.3 Wood Pulp
4.4 Non-Wood Pulp
Chapter 5 Molded Pulp Packaging Market: Molded Type Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 6 Molded Pulp Packaging Market: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 7 Molded Pulp Packaging Market: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 8 Molded Pulp Packaging Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 9 Competitive Analysis
Chapter 10 Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/dckylf
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210702005323/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: FOREST PRODUCTS PACKAGING NATURAL RESOURCES MANUFACTURING
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 07/02/2021 11:27 AM/DISC: 07/02/2021 11:27 AM