Global 5G mmWave Market to 2026 - Featuring Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 7, 2021--
The “5G mmWave Market: ~$75B TAM by 2026 Driven by 5G Infrastructure, 5G Core, 5G Chipsets, Vendor Market Analysis & Total cost of Ownership” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global 5G mmWave market is expected to be valued to reach $75.2 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 43% for next 5 years. Semiconductor components which include baseband processor/modem and RFIC components such as RF transceivers and RF front end are expected to be the major contributors in 5G mmWave market because of growing availability of 5G mmWave enabled devices.
mmWave delivers wide spectrum and capacity over the shortest distances for 5G along with lower latencies. High bands above 24GHz are allocated for 5G telecom infrastructure. The availability of the new spectrum depends on how much spectrum is released by regulators for use by service providers. Spectrum allocations for mmWave are often extremely wide, with 800 MHz or more per service provider and band. Wide spectrum enables the provision of high-capacity delivery and improved handling of peak rates. The US market is a global leader in the use of mmWave spectrum for 5G, with all major US operators already offering commercial 5G services using the band. Limited 5G mmWave deployments has been witnesses in Asia Pacific while Europe is far behind.
- 138 thousand small cells are expected to be deployed by 2021 which is expected to rise to 3.25 million by 2026 considering dense small cell deployment by operators for mmWave. FWA is expected to be a major contributor to 5G mmWave infrastructure market as it was the first 5G use case. Apart this, 5.1 million CPEs are expected to be deployed by 2026.
- 5G mmWave macro cell market is expected to reach $4.8 billion by 2026. North America is the major contributor for Macro cells with ~83% share in 2021 as major 5G mmWave deployments are taking place in the US.
- In 5G network, the NFV will play a significant role in terms of providing operators the flexibility to expand their network functionality as well as provide effective and efficient operation of the network. NFV will enable network slicing and distributed cloud, which would supplement it to create flexible and programmable networks with an opportunity worth $3.1 billion
- 202 million devices with 5G mmWave support are expected to be shipped in 2021 and is likely to reach 1.1 billion units by 2026. Smartphone segment is expected to contribute major share of this market. A new application may emerge in the form of Robots and Drone contributing more than $110M for 5G mmWave by 2026
- The cost per square metre of a midband-only indoor 5G network versus a mmWave plus mid-band 5G network, assuming 10% of smartphones, laptops and security cameras are on 5G and 20% of both laptops and communications equipment are concurrently active. The result shows that if standard communications equipment is deployed, the yearly cost per square metre of a mid-band indoor network would amount to $2.86, while if advanced communications equipment is deployed, the cost per square metre of a mmWave plus mid-band network would amount to approximately $2.99.
- North America is expected to account for the largest share of ~62% in 2021 while China is going to lead with more than 30% share in 2026. The growth in 5G mmWave market in APAC is likely because of increasing deployment of 5G mmWave in countries such as China, Japan, and South Korea.
Case Studies Analyzed
- Airbus partnered with Ericsson to increase aircraft production with 5G mmWave private network
- Nokia and WEG Brazil launch Industry 4.0 project with 5G standalone private wireless
- Fujitsu launched of a private 5G network at its Oyama plant in Tochigi Prefecture, Japan
- Verizon Business deployed 5G Ultra-Wideband indoors at General Motors and Honeywell
- GBL Systems and Samsung to deploy 5G Testbeds for AR/VR at U.S. Army military bases
- JMA Wireless demonstrated 5G private network that will launch a smart warehouse at the Marine Corps Logistics Base at Albany
- Siklu deployed a multi-gigabit 5G network at Bar-Ilan University Smart City Center, Israel
- AT&T is deploying private 5G mmWave network at University of Connecticut’s (UConn) Stamford campus
- University of Missouri and AT&T collaborate to bring full 5G+ millimeter wave capability to MU’s campus.
- AT&T deployed 5G mmWave at Tampa International Airport
- SK Telecom installed 5G mmWave base stations at Incheon International Airport
- AT&T launches 5G mmWave at Seattle’s Football Stadium
- Verizon launches 5G mmWave in Tampa and at Raymond James Stadium
- Rakuten held trials of smart stadium using 5G mmWave network
Key Players Profiled
- Alpha Networks
- Siklu Communication
- Airspan Networks
- American Tower
- And Many More Players!
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/c79k22
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210907005610/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY MOBILE/WIRELESS NETWORKS TELECOMMUNICATIONS
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 09/07/2021 10:11 AM/DISC: 09/07/2021 10:11 AM