KBRA Releases Research – The Coming Charge: Energy Storage Impacts on Project and Corporate Credit Quality
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug 24, 2021--
Kroll Bond Rating Agency (KBRA) releases research on the potential impacts of energy storage technologies on project and corporate finance credit quality.
- While energy storage technologies and use cases continue to evolve, there is broad consensus that the technology is likely to play an increasingly important role in facilitating a transition to a clean energy economy. As such, KBRA anticipates a growing number of energy storage project finance transactions and greater likelihood for electric utility companies to actively consider the technology as a key component of their long-term growth strategies.
- Like other project finance transactions, KBRA evaluates energy storage projects based on their ability to generate revenues sufficient to cover future debt service obligations.
- Given their relevance to the counterparty exposure and competitive position credit determinant within project finance transactions, KBRA monitors how both (1) federal regulatory and policy actions, and (2) energy supply and demand evolution may materially impact an energy storage project’s creditworthiness.
Click here to view the report.
- Project Finance & Infrastructure: Project Finance Global Rating Methodology
- Corporates: General Corporate Global Rating Methodology
KBRA is a full-service credit rating agency registered in the U.S., the EU and the UK, and is designated to provide structured finance ratings in Canada. KBRA’s ratings can be used by investors for regulatory capital purposes in multiple jurisdictions.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210824005608/en/
CONTACT: Michael Alter, Associate Director
+1 (646) 731-1246
email@example.comAndrew Giudici, Senior Managing Director
+1 (646) 731-2372
firstname.lastname@example.orgWilliam Cox, Senior Managing Director
+1 (646) 731-2472
email@example.comBusiness Development Contacts
Michele Patterson, Managing Director
+1 (646) 731-2397
firstname.lastname@example.orgJason Lilien, Managing Director
+1 (646) 731-2442
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA NEW YORK
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PROFESSIONAL SERVICES FINANCE
SOURCE: Kroll Bond Rating Agency
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 08/24/2021 10:13 AM/DISC: 08/24/2021 10:13 AM