2021 Energy Storage Systems Thematic Research Report - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 22, 2021--
The “Energy Storage Systems, 2021 Update - Thematic Research” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Global energy storage capacity totaled 184.4 GW in 2020, an increase of 4.3% compared to the previous year. Pumped hydro energy storage (PHS) comprised the largest portion of global capacity at 162.6 GW. Electrochemical energy storage followed with a total capacity of 15.8 GW.
Within the electrochemical category, lithium-ion batteries accounted for 13.1 GW in 2020, or nearly 83% of the category total. Battery storage surpassed 10 GW for the first time. The potential applications of ESS have piqued the interest of a variety of stakeholders across the value chain, boosting its growth and paving the way for the next stage of the energy transition. ESS installations linked to the electricity grid and ancillary services will grow in the coming years, driven by rising energy demand, asset retirements, and increased integration of renewables.
- This report analyses energy storage technology.
- The report highlights some of the global equipment manufacturers in the three major energy storage technologies which are electromechanical, electrochemical, and thermal energy storage.
- It identifies the leaders and laggards within the energy storage industry and where do they sit in the value chain.
- It analyses technology, macroeconomic and regulatory trends across the energy storage industry.
- It provides an industry analysis of the energy storage sector, highlights COVID-19 impact on energy storage market, energy storage case studies and major mergers and acquisitions in the energy storage sector.
- It identifies companies at the forefront of energy storage industry.
Reasons to Buy
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the present scenario and emerging market trends in the global energy storage industry.
- To gain insights of the global leaders and challengers in the energy storage market for the three primary types of energy storage technologies: electromechanical storage, electrochemical storage and thermal storage.
- Industry analysis of the energy storage market.
- Provide detailed information on COVID-19 impact on energy storage market and energy storage case studies.
- Provide detailed information regarding major mergers and acquisitions related to energy storage theme.
- Major market players within the energy storage industry are profiled in this report and their action plans are studied thoroughly, which aid in interpreting the competitive outlook of the energy storage sector.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive summary
- Technology briefing
- Technology trends
- Macroeconomic trends
- Regulatory trends
- Industry analysis
- Global overview of energy storage systems
- Major energy storage markets
- Applications of energy storage systems
- What determines the success of energy storage systems?
- Impact of COVID on ESS deployment
- Case studies
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Value chain
- Electromechanical energy storage equipment manufacturers
- Electrochemical energy storage equipment manufacturers
- Thermal energy storage equipment manufacturers
- Sector scorecard
- Power sector scorecard
- Further reading
- Our thematic research methodology
- About The Publisher
- Contact The Publisher
- General Electric
- Voith Hydro
- Dongfang Electric Machinery
- Harbin Electric
- MAN Energy Solutions
- Amber Kinetics
- LG Chem
- Samsung SDI
- Contemporary Amperex Technology (CATL)
- Fluence Energy (Siemens AES)
- UniEnergy Technologies
- Dalian Rongke Power
- Narada Power
- C&D Technologies
- NGK Insulators
- Aquion Energy
- Saft Groupe
- Abengoa Solar
- Brenmiller Energy
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qdy82c
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211222005530/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
email@example.comFor E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: OTHER MANUFACTURING ENVIRONMENT TECHNOLOGY OTHER TECHNOLOGY MANUFACTURING ALTERNATIVE ENERGY ENERGY OTHER NATURAL RESOURCES NATURAL RESOURCES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 12/22/2021 01:59 PM/DISC: 12/22/2021 01:59 PM