CRISPR Based Therapeutics Market Trends and Global Forecasts 2021-2030 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 9, 2021--
The “CRISPR Based Therapeutics Market by Type of Therapy, Therapeutic Approach, Therapeutic Area, and Key Geographical Regions: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts 2021-2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The “CRISPR Based Therapeutics Market, 2021-2030” report features an extensive study of the current market landscape and future opportunity for the players involved in the development of CRISPR based therapeutics for the treatment of a variety of disease conditions. The study presents an in-depth analysis, highlighting the capabilities of various stakeholders engaged in this domain, across different geographies.
One of the key objectives of the report was to estimate the future growth potential of CRISPR based therapeutics market, over the coming decade. Based on multiple parameters, such as target patient population, likely adoption rates and expected pricing, we have provided informed estimates on the financial evolution of the market for the period 2021-2030.
Clinical trials of CRISPR based therapeutics are currently focused mainly on oncological and hematological disorders; however, several product candidates against certain neurological disorders and infectious diseases, specifically targeting recurrent conditions, are under investigation. Post 2014, the overall interest in this technology has grown exponentially, with several start-ups entering the market and 6 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies restructuring their efforts in this direction.
Over time, a substantial body of evidence has also been generated validating the therapeutic applications of this technology, which has, in turn, prompted the establishment of numerous strategic partnerships (focused on therapy development and clinical research) and has caused investors to put in significant capital into innovator companies involved in this domain, over the last two years alone.
In fact, the three leading companies in this industry segment together have combined market capitalization of more than USD 10 billion, and have raised more than USD 2.8 billion in various funding rounds. Despite the possibly limitless potential of the CRISPR/Cas technology, further investigation, probing its safety and therapeutic efficacy in large diverse populations, is required.
Key impediments to approval and other existing challenges that are being addressed by stakeholders, include off-target toxicity-related concerns and complexities related to the delivery of CRISPR components into target cells. Concerning delivery, innovators in this field have reported notable success using different types of platforms for facilitating the intracellular administration of CRISPR components; examples of successful delivery methods include electroporation, AAV vectors and lipid nanoparticles (LNPs).
A few companies are also evaluating bacteriophages as a potential delivery system for such products. Promising clinical results, and ongoing technical developments, coupled to the growing interest of biopharmaceutical developers, are anticipated to push pipeline products to higher phases and on to commercialization. We believe that the market is likely to evolve at a commendable pace over the next decade.
Scope of the Report
Amongst other elements, the report includes:
- A review of the CRISPR based therapeutics that are currently in different stages of development. It features a detailed analysis of pipeline molecules, based on several relevant parameters, such as target therapeutic area (autoimmune disorders, cardiovascular disorders, dermatological disorders, genetic disorders, hematological disorders, immunological disorders, infectious diseases, inflammatory disorders, metabolic disorders, muscular diseases, neurological disorders, oncological disorders, ophthalmic diseases and others), phase of development (discovery, preclinical and clinical), approach of therapy (ex vivo and in vivo), cell source (autologous and allogeneic), type of therapy (CAR-T therapy, HSC therapy, T cell therapy, Phage therapy and others), and the type of technology used. It also includes information on the completed, ongoing and planned clinical trials for CRISPR based therapeutics, sponsored by various industry players.
- Elaborate profiles of key players in this domain. Each company profile features a brief overview of the company, its financial information (if available), a brief description of its therapeutic candidates, recent developments, and an informed future outlook.
- An in-depth analysis of around 2,000 patents related to CRISPR technology that have been filed/granted, since 2015, highlighting the key trends associated with these patents, across type of patent, publication year and application year, regional applicability, IPCR symbols, emerging focus areas, inventor information, leading patent assignees (in terms of number of patents filed/granted), patent benchmarking and valuation.
- An analysis of the partnerships that have been inked by various stakeholders engaged in the development of CRISPR based therapeutics, during the period 2014-2020, covering research and licensing agreements, R&D agreements, licensing agreements, licensing and manufacturing agreement, product development and manufacturing agreements, joint ventures and other types of partnership deals.
- An analysis of the investments made at various stages of development of the companies engaged in this field, covering instances of seed financing, venture capital financing, grants/awards, capital raised from IPOs and subsequent offerings.
- An analysis of the start-ups (established in the time period between 2013-2020 and have less than 200 employees) engaged in the development of CRISPR based therapeutics, based on several parameters, such as number of candidates in discovery, preclinical and clinical phase of development, therapeutic area, amount raised through funding, number of investors, type of funding, number of deals signed, and number of patents filed.
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the leading players engaged in the development of CRISPR based therapeutics?
- Which key clinical conditions can be treated by CRISPR based drugs?
- What are the investment trends in this industry?
- Which partnership models are commonly adopted by stakeholders engaged in this domain?
- How has the intellectual property landscape in this market evolved over the years?
- Which factors are likely to influence the evolution of this market?
- How is the current and future market opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
- Adverum Biotechnologies
- Anagenesis Biotechnologies
- Asklepios BioPharmaceutical (acquired by Bayer)
- Astellas Pharma
- Batu Biologics
- Beam Therapeutics
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA)
- BlueRock Therapeutics (acquired by Bayer)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM)
- Caribou Biosciences
- Caspr Biotech
- Chengdu MedGenCell
- Columbia University
- CRISPR Therapeutics
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics
- Duke University
- Editas Medicine
- Eligo Bioscience
- EmendoBio (acquired by AnGes)
- Excision BioTherapeutics
- Eye & ENT Hospital of Fudan University
- Fate Therapeutics
- Genevant Sciences
- Graphite Bio
- Guangzhou Anjie Biomedical Technology
- Harvard University
- ImmunoChina Pharmaceuticals
- Institute of Molecular and Clinical Ophthalmology Basel (IOB)
- Intellia Therapeutics
- Intima Bioscience
- J. David Gladstone Institutes
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- KSQ Therapeutics
- Locus Biosciences
- Mammoth Biosciences
- Masonic Cancer Center
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Modalis Therapeutics (formerly known as EdiGENE)
- Mustang Bio
- Nanjing Bioheng Biotech
- National Institutes of Health
- Navega Therapeutics
- Nemesis Bioscience
- Neon Therapeutics
- Poseida Therapeutics
- Prime Medicine
- Refuge Biotechnologies
- Sandhill Therapeutics
- Sarepta Therapeutics
- Scribe Therapeutics
- Seven Therapeutics
- Shanghai BD Gene Therapeutics
- Shanghai Bioray Laboratories
- Sherlock Biosciences
- Sichuan University
- SNIPR Biome
- Spotlight Therapeutics
- Temple University
- The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangdong Pharmaceutical University
- University of California
- University of Texas
- University of Washington
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Verve Therapeutics
- Xijing Hospital
- Yufan Biotechnologies
- Zhejiang University
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/o5e94f
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210909006170/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
KEYWORD: NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: GENERAL HEALTH HEALTH ONCOLOGY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 09/09/2021 06:16 PM/DISC: 09/09/2021 06:16 PM