Smart Pharma Thematic Research Report 2021: The Importance of Artificial Intelligence and Big Data - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 16, 2021--
The “Smart Pharma - Thematic Research” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This Smart Pharma report examines the integration of smart technologies across the pharmaceutical industry value chain, assesses COVID-19 impact on the uptake of smart technologies in pharma and importance of partnering with technology vendors to enable a roll-out of innovative technologies.
The COVID-19 pandemic has given businesses an unprecedented opportunity to accelerate and implement technology-fueled changes to the way they operate. Even though digital transformation and smart technologies uptake had already begun pre-pandemic, COVID-19 made this process even more pressing.
While in the past the pharmaceutical sector used to display a more conservative stance toward the adoption of new technologies, the COVID-19 pandemic was a major catalyst for the industry to rethink and redefine their operations and embrace digital transformation at a faster pace.
For pharmaceutical companies, the pandemic forced many to rethink and readjust their drug development process, manufacturing, supply chains, marketing strategies, and end-customer reach. Although pharmaceutical companies mainly relied on technologies before the pandemic to enhance internal processes, now digital technologies are becoming necessary to ensure business continuity and to gain competitive edge.
- A total of 155 of the publisher’s Pharma clients and prospects participated in the 10-minute survey, which was fielded from April 21, 2021 to May 18, 2021.
- In this report, smart pharma refers to the incorporation of new technologies to improve and enhance processes such as drug development, manufacturing, supply chains, and sales and marketing.
Components of the report include:
- Adoption of Smart Technologies in Pharma - highlights the main challenges and benefits associated with implementation of smart technologies within the pharmaceutical industry providing respondent mix by region, and company size.
- Drug Discovery and Development - assesses the smart technologies that are expected to play a major role in optimizing drug discovery and development process and highlights the current and future technologies uptake.
- Manufacturing - examines the smart technologies that are expected to play a major role in optimizing pharmaceutical manufacturing process and highlights the current and future technologies uptake.
- Supply Chains - evaluates the smart technologies that are expected to play a major role in optimizing supply chains and highlights the current and future technologies uptake.
- Sales and marketing - assesses the smart technologies that are expected to play a major role in optimizing sales and marketing process and highlights the current and future technologies uptake.
- Pharma and Tech Collaborations - showcases how pharmaceutical industry is partnering with external technology vendors to increase the implementation speed, efficiency, and reliability of new technologies.
- A Closer Look at Big Data and AI - highlights the importance of Artificial Intelligence and Big Data in pharmaceutical industry.
- COVID-19 Impact - assesses the COVID-19 impact on the acceleration of smart technologies uptake.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Study Design
1.1 Respondent Mix
1.2 Objectives and Design
1.3 Respondent Profiles
2 Key Findings
2.1 Key Findings
3 Adoption of Smart Technologies in Pharma
3.1 Digital Transformation Strategies
3.2 Challenges Impact the Entire Pharma Value Chain
3.3 Smart Technologies Can Be Used to Help Address These Challenges
3.4 Benefits and Challenges of Smart Technology Integration
3.5 Challenges to Integrating Smart Technologies Into Pharma
3.6 Anticipated Impact of Incorporating Smart Technologies Into Pharma Value Chains
3.7 Drug Development to Benefit the Most From Smart Technologies
4 Drug Discovery and Development
4.1 R&D Productivity
4.2 Smart Technologies in Drug Discovery and Development
4.3 Smart Technologies in Drug Discovery and Development - Respondents’ Perspective
4.4 Increasing Number of AI-Based Drug Discovery Partnerships with Big Pharma
4.5 Case Studies
5.1 Smart Technologies in Manufacturing
5.2 The Future of Robotics in Manufacturing
5.3 Smart Technologies in Manufacturing - Respondents’ Perspective
5.4 Case Studies
6 Supply Chains
6.1 Smart Technologies in Supply Chains
6.2 The Future of the Blockchain in Pharmaceutical Supply Chains
6.3 Smart Technologies in Supply Chains - Respondents’ Perspective
6.4 Case Studies
7 Sales and Marketing
7.1 Smart Technologies in Sales and Marketing
7.2 Hiring Trends in Pharma Business Intelligence
7.3 Impact of COVID-19 on Physician Interactions with Pharma Sales Reps
7.4 Smart Technologies in Sales and Marketing - Respondents’ Perspective
7.5 Case Studies
8 Pharma and Tech Collaborations
8.1 Collaboration Between Pharmaceutical Industry and Tech
8.2 Case Studies
9 A Closer Look at Big Data and AI
9.1 Disruptive Emerging Technologies
9.2 Emerging Technologies - A Closer Look at AI and Big Data
9.3 Artificial Intelligence - A Closer Look
9.4 Big Data/Analytics - A Closer Look
9.5 Job Analytics Data - AI
9.6 Job Analytics Data - Big Data
10 COVID-19 Impact
10.1 Digital Transformation and COVID-19
10.2 COVID-19′s Impact on Technologies Uptake
11 Summary of Key Findings
11.1 Summary of Key Findings
12.2 Drug Development Scorecard - Artificial Intelligence
12.3 Key Themes Impacting the Pharmaceutical Industry
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/bcm1do
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210716005314/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY PHARMACEUTICAL HEALTH OTHER TECHNOLOGY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 07/16/2021 09:39 AM/DISC: 07/16/2021 09:39 AM