EDGE Group Reinforces Commitment to UAE’s Global Advanced Technology Capabilities at Dubai Airshow
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 21, 2021--
EDGE, which in just two years has risen to become one of the world’s leading advanced technology and defence groups, has concluded its participation at Dubai Airshow on a high with the launch of a range of new cutting-edge products to market, and the signing of several international agreements and partnerships with leading OEMs, defence and technology companies, and suppliers.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211121005122/en/
EDGE stand at Dubai Airshow 2021 - Group Reinforces Commitment to UAE’s Global Advanced Technology Capabilities (Photo: AETOSWire)
16 joint developments with several major industry players were signed including Boeing, Embraer, Raytheon Emirates, CATIC, Lockheed Martin, L3Harris, IAI, GIFAS, STRATA, SANAD, LEIDOS, and ANSYS, among others, and the Middle East and Africa Distribution Centre in Abu Dhabi with China’s CATIC was opened.
His Excellency Faisal Al Bannai, CEO and Managing Director, EDGE Group, said: “This success is testament to the resilience of the industry and the incredible strides EDGE is making in transforming the technology landscape in the UAE, to introduce advanced products and services for export globally. We are the sum of many innovative parts with a start-up mentality, backed by economies of scale. The 13 products launched this week join over 20 cutting-edge indigenous products and services introduced over the past two years, with a further 40 under development, and we are forging stronger partnerships with established OEMs to continue this trajectory.
“EDGE continues to be a disruptor in the creation of superior solutions, establishing the UAE as a world-leading centre for future industries, with a focus on superior Autonomous Systems, Electronic Warfare and Intelligence, and Smart Weapons.”
Major EDGE developments at Dubai Airshow included:
- EDGE Awarded AED11 Billion Exclusive Contract to Service UAE Air Force and Air Defence Aircraft
- EDGE Unveils New Additions to its Portfolio of Reconnaissance and Combat UAVs
- EDGE’s Pioneering SkyKnight Air Defence Missile System Details Major Program Milestones
- The First UAE-Made GPS Anti-Jam System for Resilient Navigation
- EDGE and CATIC opened the First Regional Distribution Hub for Aircraft Logistics
- EDGE to Extend Machining Contract with Boeing
- AED3.2 Billion Contract signed for Supply of Precision Guided Munitions to the UAE Armed Forces
- EDGE collaborates with EMBRAER to introduce HALCON Advanced Weapon System on A-29 Super Tucano
- EDGE Partners with SANAD to Provide MRO Services for Rolls Royce TRENT 700 Engines
- EDGE Enters Five-year agreement to Utilise ANSYS Engineering Simulation Solutions
- EDGE Completes Successful Integration Programs, Adding Enhanced Modularity and Mission flexibility to Munitions Range
- EDGE and STRATA join forces to boost UAE aerostructures manufacturing capabilities
- EDGE to renew AED310 million contract with STELIA aerospace
- Two EDGE Mission Support Entities Signed Depot Level Maintenance Agreement
- EDGE signed C-130 Programmed Depot Maintenance (PDM) and Upgrades Contract with Tunisian Air Force
EDGE is an advanced technology group established to develop agile, bold and disruptive solutions for defence and beyond. Enabling a secure future, it is dedicated to bringing innovative technologies and services to market with greater speed and efficiency. Consolidating over 25 entities and employing more than 13,000 brilliant minds, it offers expertise across five core clusters: Platforms & Systems, Missiles & Weapons, Cyber Defence, Electronic Warfare & Intelligence and Mission Support. Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, EDGE is a catalyst for change – set to revolutionise the industry and change its fundamentals.
For more information, visit edgegroup.ae
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211121005122/en/
CONTACT: EDGE Group Press Office
+971 55 127 2341; +971 55 358 4520
KEYWORD: EUROPE UNITED KINGDOM UNITED ARAB EMIRATES MIDDLE EAST
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ENGINEERING DEFENSE AEROSPACE MANUFACTURING OTHER DEFENSE CONTRACTS
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 11/21/2021 07:00 PM/DISC: 11/21/2021 07:02 PM