Global Glioblastoma Multiforme Treatment Markets, 2015-2020 & 2021-2026 - Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecasts - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 31, 2021--
The “Glioblastoma Multiforme Treatment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global glioblastoma multiforme treatment market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Looking forward, the global glioblastoma multiforme treatment market to grow at a CAGR of around 9% during 2021-2026.
Glioblastoma multiforme, also known as grade IV astrocytoma, is a malignant grade IV brain tumor that rapidly spreads within the brain cells and can also infect the nearby cells. Since it is characterized by rapid cell degeneration, it creates immense pressure on the brain resulting in severe headaches and seizures.
Although the exact cause of the diseases is still unknown, several factors including rare hereditary disorders such as Turcot syndrome are believed to be its cause. It is one of the most lethal forms of brain cancer and is treatment-resistant in nature, wherein the patient has an extremely short survival period post-diagnosis. The current treatment procedure of the disease includes surgical resection, chemotherapy and radiation.
Increasing prevalence of oncological diseases and a growing geriatric population across the globe are among the key factors driving the market growth.
Furthermore, the development of advanced treatment methods that counter the resistive properties of glioma stem cells is also positively influencing the market growth. Additionally, increasing research and development (R&D) activities in molecular biotechnology and gene therapy for cancer and related diseases have facilitated the development of various biological drugs.
These drugs assist in diminishing the side-effects of the existing treatment methods, thus creating broader acceptance amongst patients. Moreover, initiatives undertaken by several governments across the globe to improve healthcare infrastructure, along with the rising awareness of the availability of various therapies, are further expected to create a positive outlook for the market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global glioblastoma multiforme treatment market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global glioblastoma multiforme treatment industry?
- What are the key regional markets in the global glioblastoma multiforme treatment industry?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the drug type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the route of administration?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type of molecule?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global glioblastoma multiforme treatment industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global glioblastoma multiforme treatment industry?
- What is the structure of the global glioblastoma multiforme treatment industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global glioblastoma multiforme treatment industry?
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
- Celldex Therapeutics
- F. Hoffmann La Roche
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Arbor Pharmaceuticals
- Historical, Current and Future Market Trends
Market Breakup by Drug Type:
Market Breakup by Route of Administration:
Market Breakup by Type of Molecule:
- Small Molecule
Market Breakup by Distribution Channel:
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5xfu43
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210531005197/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: BIOTECHNOLOGY PHARMACEUTICAL HEALTH ONCOLOGY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 05/31/2021 10:30 AM/DISC: 05/31/2021 10:32 AM