Floating Wind Turbine Market to Cross $317.8 billion by 2027, At a CAGR of 5.9%
The Europe dominated the floating wind turbine market with more than 60% revenue shares in 2019.
According to a new report published by Allied Market Research, titled, “ Hydropower Generation Market: Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2020–2027,” The global hydropower generation market was valued at $202.4 billion in 2019, and is projected to reach $317.8 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2020 to 2027.
Hydropower is a form of renewable energy that uses the water stored in dams, as well as flowing in rivers to create electricity in hydropower plants. The falling water rotates blades of a turbine, which then spins a generator that converts the mechanical energy of the spinning turbine into electrical energy. Hydropower is a significant component of electricity production worldwide.
Rise in demand for clean energy across the globe and to reduce the dependency on conventional fossil fuel such as coal to generate the electricity has led to set up various hydroelectric power projects across the globe. In addition, governments of various countries have imposed stringent environmental policies to reduce the carbon footprint. Due to this, various developed and developing countries such as the U.S., China, and India have closed their coal power stations and have invested heavily to install new hydropower generation stations for the generation of renewable power to meet the growing energy demand. Owing to this, the demand for new hydropower is expected to surge significantly across the globe during the forecast period.
Download Sample PDF @ https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-sample/7963
The global market is segmented on the basis of capacity and region. Based on capacity, the hydropower generation market is fragmented into small hydro power plant (up to 1MW), medium hydro power plant (1MW - 10MW), and large hydro power plant (above 10MW). The large hydro power plant (above 10MW) is the leading segment that dominated the global market with more than three-fifths of the total market share in 2019.
Region wise, the hydropower generation market size is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. Asia-Pacific accounted for a major global hydropower generation market share in 2019, and dominated the global market with nearly half of the total market share in 2019.
Key players operating in the global hydropower generation market include Andritz Hydro USA Inc., GE Energy, CPFL Energia S.A., Sinohydro Corporation, IHI Corporation, Alstom Hydro, China Hydroelectric Corporation, China Three Gorges Corporation, ABB Ltd, and Gerdau S.A.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
• Nation wise lockdown has severely impacted the wind turbine manufacturing in countries like China, Germany. Large number of manufacturing plants across these countries were operating with limited production capacity for last 6-8 months which negatively impacted the floating wind turbine market growth
• Additionally, reduced manpower for planned maintenance became a major issue for industry players. As social distancing norms were imposed during the pandemic, it largely reduced active manpower in manufacturing sites
• Furthermore, disruption in supply chain led to various project delays and cancellation of orders which further affected the key markets for both blade production and wind turbine installations.
• However, implementation of digitization may aid in remote monitoring for project execution; thus, limiting the labor force as much as possible.
Key findings of the study
• Semi-submersible Foundation is projected to grow at the highest CAGR of approximately 33.9%, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period.
• By depth, the shallow water segment is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of 33.3%, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period.
• The Europe dominated the floating wind turbine market with more than 60% revenue shares in 2019.
Name: David Correa
Email: Send Email
Organization: Allied Market Research
Address: 5933 NE Win Sivers Drive #205, Portland, OR 97220 United States
Release ID: 89034827