Kids Who Move, Move the World: Nike’s New Footwear and Inclusive Line of Sports Apparel for Kids
This month, Nike is launching a new footwear and inclusive sports apparel based on insights from girl basketball players: Nike Air Zoom Crossover and Inclusive Basketball Apparel Collection. It’s Nike Kid’s first collection of inclusive sports footwear and apparel, helping all kids, however they identify, bring their full and authentic selves to the game!
During the nationwide media tour, Lisa Leslie, All-Star Basketball Player, Olympic Gold Medalist, 3X WNBA MVP and Karie Conner, Vice President of North America Nike Kids, discussed the importance of listening to kids - especially girls - to build products and programs that make sport more inclusive. Highlights include:
- By listening to the voice of kids, Nike created the Nike Air Zoom Crossover shoe to give all kids the best fit possible for any possible movements they make while still providing space for growing toes to move and spread during play.
- All-inclusive sizing so that any kid (him, her, they) can wear anything, increasing easy on and off solutions for athletes of all abilities so that Nike Kids product is the go-to item they grab and want to wear.
- Focus on style andgender expression through a full spectrum of choice so every kid can express themselves authentically.
Parents and caregivers also know that active kids do better in school and in life. That’s why Nike invests in programs and initiatives that educate kids about the power of play and how they can inspire play within their own communities:
- Nike Game Growers: A program, in collaboration with the WNBA and NBA, that gives eighth-grade girls the tools and resources they need to increase girls’ participation in sports in their local communities. Throughout the program, girls will attend online workshops and connect directly with their participating WNBA or NBA team to develop their idea. In 2022, the program will launch its third season with more than 40 participating WNBA and NBA teams. Girls can apply for Game Growers online at gamegrowers.com/apply before the competition closes on November 15, 2021.
- Nike PLAYlist: A sport-inspired series where kids and pro athletes come together to do what they do best: PLAY. The interactive content series is filled with creative activities for kids to do at home or outside. From creative games to challenges and awesome athlete interviews, kids are welcome to freely explore and interact with sports however they see fit. The next season of PLAYlist launches on October 23 and new episodes air every Saturday on YouTube.
YourUpdateTV is a social media video portal for organizations to share their content. It includes separate channels for Health and Wellness, Lifestyle, Media and Entertainment, Money and Finance, Social Responsibility, Sports and Technology.
View source version on newsdirect.com: https://newsdirect.com/news/kids-who-move-move-the-world-nikes-new-footwear-and-inclusive-line-of-sports-apparel-for-kids-414727281