Late-Model Heavy-Duty Trucks and Construction Equipment Leading Increase in Asking Values
LINCOLN, Neb., June 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The Sandhills Equipment Value Index (EVI) continues to show a year-over-year rise in asking values within the U.S. heavy-duty sleeper truck and dozer markets. According to a new Sandhills Global Market Report, late-model trucks and equipment are driving the value increases. Bucking this trend, however, asking values for combine harvesters continue to indicate YOY gains across all age groups.
Buyers and sellers can use the information in Sandhills EVI to monitor equipment markets and maximize returns on acquisition, liquidation, and related business decisions.
Sandhills Market Reports highlight the most significant changes in the used heavy-duty truck, construction equipment, and farm machinery markets. Each report includes detailed analysis and charts that help readers visualize the data. The latest report reveals that asking values for Class 8 trucks and construction machinery (especially newer models) continue to rise, while combines of all ages are demonstrating moderately higher asking values amid low inventory levels.
U.S. Used Heavy-Duty Trucks
- Sleeper truck asking values showed a 25.0% YOY improvement in May compared to a 19.6% YOY increase in April. Auction values showed a 61.9% YOY rise in May, up from a 56.9% YOY jump in April. Both asking and auction EVI YOY values showed a 5-percentage-point improvement in May compared to April.
- Drilling into the Sandhills Asking EVI YOY variance by age groups within the sleeper truck market shows the 0- to 5-year age group up 38.5% YOY, the 5- to 10-year age group with a 26.9% increase, and the 10- to 25-year age group at a 15.9% YOY lift. This trend continues to show that late-model trucks are outpacing the value gains of the other age groups. Inventory within the 0- to 5-year age group is down 77% YOY, continuing to drive prices upward.
U.S. Used Heavy-Duty Construction Equipment
- The Sandhills Auction EVI for dozers increased to 16.3% YOY in May (up from 11.7% in April), while the category’s Asking EVI showed a 7.7% YOY climb (up from 5.7%).
- Asking values in the 0- to 5-year age group within the dozer market were up 23.1% YOY, with inventory levels within this age group 29% YOY lower than in May 2020. The 5- to 10-year age group managed a 1.7% gain, and the 10- to 25-year age group showed a rise of 6.4% YOY. As with the truck market, late-model equipment value improvements outpace the other age groups.
U.S. Used Agriculture Equipment
- The Auction EVI for combines rose to 9.2% YOY (up from an 8.0% gain the previous month), showing a steep increase since Q3 of 2020. The Sandhills Asking EVI for combines showed a 4.0% YOY improvement, up from a 3.4% rise the month prior. Overall inventory within the combine market is down by 19% YOY.
- Drilling into asking values by specific age groups shows combines in the 0- to 5-year age group up 6.3%, the 5- to 10-year group up 5.9%, and the 10- to 25-year group up 6.7%. Unlike newer equipment in the truck and construction markets, late-model combines are not indicating a steep increase in asking values compared with older models.
Obtain the Full Report
For more information, or to receive detailed analysis from Sandhills Global, contact us at email@example.com.
About Sandhills Global
Sandhills Global is an information processing company headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska. Our products and services gather, process, and distribute information in the form of trade publications, websites, and online services that connect buyers and sellers across the construction, agriculture, forestry, oil and gas, heavy equipment, commercial trucking, and aviation industries. Our integrated, industry-specific approach to hosted technologies and services offers solutions that help businesses large and small operate efficiently and grow securely, cost-effectively, and successfully. Sandhills Global—we are the cloud.
About the Sandhills Equipment Value Index
The Sandhills Equipment Value Index (EVI) is a principal gauge of the estimated market values of used assets—both currently and over time—across the construction, agricultural, and commercial trucking industries represented by Sandhills Global marketplaces, including AuctionTime.com, TractorHouse.com, MachineryTrader.com, TruckPaper.com, and other industry-specific equipment platforms. Powered by FleetEvaluator, Sandhills’ proprietary asset valuation tool, Sandhills EVI provides useful insights into the ever-changing supply-and-demand conditions for each industry.
View original content to download multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/late-model-heavy-duty-trucks-and-construction-equipment-leading-increase-in-asking-values-301317498.html
SOURCE Sandhills Global