Worldwide Liner Hanger System Industry to 2025 - Increasing Demand from the Offshore Sector - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 23, 2020--
The “Liner Hanger System Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The market for liner hanger system is expected to witness a CAGR of more than 5.46% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Halliburton Company
- Schlumberger Limited
- Weatherford International PLC
- Baker Hughes Company
- National Oilwell Varco Inc.
- NCS Multistage LLC
- Well Innovation AS
- Innovex Downhole Solutions Inc.
- Packers Plus Energy Services Inc.
- Drill Quip Inc.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Offshore Sector
The offshore oil and gas industry accounts for about 30% of the global crude oil production. The Middle East, North Sea, Brazil, and the Gulf of Mexico are the major offshore oil and gas producing regions.
- In 2017, around 40% of shallow water oil production came from mature regions, such as Europe, North America, and Asia-Pacific. The mechanical liner hangers are deployed in shallow waters, as they are relatively less expensive and technically less challenging for the operators to explore and drill. These systems are in high demand, where the well construction cost is the key priority for the customer.
- More than 60% of the current crude oil production comes from mature oilfields, including onshore and shallow water. This, coupled with low breakeven prices in offshore oil and gas sector, has compelled the producers to shift to deepwater and ultra-deepwater resources. This factor is encouraging the industry to step up its expenditure gradually in the future.
- Deepwater oil production is majorly concentrated in four countries - Angola, Brazil, Nigeria, and the United States. The Libra field in Brazil, the largest pre-salt discovery so far, began producing in late 2017 and the field development is expected to continue till 2020s.
- The expandable liner hanger system is preferred for deepwater well completion and is designed for applications where long and heavy liners must be deployed in challenging environments, including deepwater, extended reach, and HP/HT wells.
Asia-Pacific to Witness the Fastest Growth
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period, with China being by far the largest market. In response to President Xi Jinping’s call, in August 2017, to expedite domestic exploration and production activities (particularly for natural gas) to improve energy security, several companies, such as CNOOC, CNPC, and Sinopec, are set to increase their capital expenditure in exploration, development, and production activities. This will mean a significant boost to businesses for liner hanger systems, in the coming years.
- In addition, the Chinese government is also undertaking significant favorable reforms to boost international participation in the oil and gas sector. As a critical part of the country’s 13th five-year plan, the opening up of more acreage to independent participants is expected to diversify investments and increase drilling and completion activities, in turn, driving the liner hanger systems market in the country.
- Furthermore, in India, large new field developments in deepwater are expected to be the key drivers for growth in the Indian liner hanger system market. In April 2018, BP and Reliance Industries sanctioned the 2nd phase development of the “Satellite cluster” project, located in the Bay of Bengal.
- The companies in India are moving forward to develop the discovered deepwater gas fields in an integrated series of projects, and are expecting to produce 1 bcf/d, phased over 2020-22. Similar interests are being undertaken in other offshore fields as well, which are expected to result in the country witnessing greater demand for the expandable form of liner hangers in the long run.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD million, till 2025
4.3 Global Onshore and Offshore Active Rig Count of Major Countries
4.4 Estimated Number of Liner Hanger System Used in 2018, by Region and US Basin
4.5 Onshore CAPEX Forecast in USD billion, till 2025
4.6 Offshore CAPEX Forecast in USD billion, by Region, till 2025
4.7 Historical and Forecast of Production from Deepwater, Oil Sands, and Tight Oil, till 2025
4.8 Brent Crude Oil and Henry Hub Spot Prices Forecast, till 2025
4.9 Key Upstream Projects for Investment Purposes
4.10 Recent Trends and Developments
4.11 Market Dynamics
4.12 Industry Supply Chain Analysis
4.13 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Conventional Liner Hangers
126.96.36.199 Mechanical Liner Hangers
188.8.131.52 Hydraulic Liner Hangers
5.1.2 Expandable Liner Hangers
5.2 Location of Deployment
5.3.1 North America
5.3.3 South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/tqp4qn
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201223005384/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: OIL/GAS ENERGY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2020.
PUB: 12/23/2020 11:05 AM/DISC: 12/23/2020 11:05 AM