Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) Pipeline Insight Report 2020: Comprehensive Insights About 15+ Companies and 15+ Pipeline Drugs - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 15, 2021--
The “Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) - Pipeline Insight, 2020” drug pipelines has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The “Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) - Pipeline Insight, 2020,” report provides comprehensive insights about 15+ companies and 15+ pipeline drugs in Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and non-clinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
- Urine test: A urine test will help find protein and blood in urine.
- Blood test: A blood test will help find levels of protein, cholesterol, and wastes in blood.
- Glomerular filtration rate (GFR): A blood test will be done to know how well kidneys are filtering the wastes from body.
- Kidney biopsy: In this test, a tiny piece of kidney is removed with a special needle, and looked at under a microscope.
- Genetic testing: A genetic test may be done to see if the patient was born with genes that caused kidney disease. This information may help doctor decide what type of treatment is best for the patient.
The type of treatment depends on the cause. Everyone is different and the doctor will make a treatment plan that is right for the type of FSGS.
Usually, treatments for FSGS include:
- Immunosuppressive drugs
- ACE inhibitors and ARBs
- Diet change
Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis Emerging Drugs
- Sparsentan: Retrophin
Sparsentan is a novel small-molecule candidate in phase III development for the treatment of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). Retrophin is examining the ability of sparsentan to slow the decline of kidney function in patients with FSGS and IgAN. It is a single molecule designed to be a dual endothelin receptor type A (ETA) and angiotensin II receptor type 1 (AT1) antagonist. The investigational approach is to attempt to reduce proteinuria, a characteristic marker of kidney injury in both FSGS and IgAN, with sparsentan. Lowering proteinuria levels is associated with better outcomes.
CXA-10 is an oral nitrated fatty acid compound that acts through a constellation of actions including:
- Upregulation of Nrf2 pathways, a key pro-reparative and metabolic pathway
- Inhibition of NF-Kappa B and TLR4, key drivers of inflammatory molecules and pathways
- Inhibition of Xanthine Oxidoreductase, a key intracellular producer of Reactive Oxygen Species add that result in cellular oxidative stress
- Increasing the expression of heat shock proteins, which act as chaperones during cellular stress to restore cellular homeostatic mechanisms
GFB-887: Goldfinch Bio
GFB-887 is a TRPC5 ion channel inhibitor in development for the treatment of FSGS. TRPC5 is a calcium-permeable ion channel that has been implicated in the pathogenesis of FSGS by triggering a Rac1-TRPC5 disease pathway. TRPC5 represents a target for therapeutic intervention to halt progression of FSGS to kidney failure. It is currently in phase II stage of development.
Research programme: focal segmental glomerulosclerosis therapeutics - Delta 4
Delta 4 is working on its lead program which aims at developing a therapy for Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). Delta 4 concluded pre-clinical development with promising results. The Company initiated patent filing and is currently preparing for clinical testing of selected drug candidates.
- Dimerix Bioscience Pty Ltd
- Astellas Pharma
- Aurinia Pharmaceuticals
- Genzyme, a Sanofi Company
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Delta 4
- Research programme: focal segmental glomerulosclerosis therapeutics
For more information about this drug pipelines report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/egkgk8.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210415005863/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T. Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: RESEARCH CLINICAL TRIALS OTHER HEALTH MANAGED CARE HEALTH PHARMACEUTICAL GENERAL HEALTH OTHER SCIENCE SCIENCE
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 04/15/2021 12:52 PM/DISC: 04/15/2021 12:52 PM