H Code Demonstrates Strength In Hispanic Digital Media With Banner Year Despite Global Pandemic
SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan 12, 2021--
2020 was a year like no other. For the marketing and advertising industry, the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted everything, changing consumer behavior and mindset and causing advertisers to reevaluate campaigns and future business. Marketers across the globe had to pivot strategy and processes to adapt to this new reality. In spite of these challenges, H Code successfully accelerated key priorities and projects across its business and demonstrated strength in multicultural and digital marketing at a time when digital communication was needed most and became the most effective channel to reach consumers with. As the largest Hispanic digital media company in the U.S., the company stood firm in its commitment to its partners and the multicultural communities it serves leading it to achieve its best revenue year in company history and deliver its strongest year to date by tripling its client direct partners year-over-year, adding 59 new partners, expanding the H Code Intelligence Center, developing its political division, and reaching 26MM U.S. Hispanics weekly in 2020 according to Google DV360.
Powered by its proprietary data and research platform, H Code has demonstrated great success in tapping into Hispanic consumers with unique scale and with the authenticity that resonates most with this audience. Because of this, H Code was able to successfully deliver on its commitment of reaching multicultural audiences and exceeded expectations at a time when much remained unknown. In 2020, H Code:
- Solidified its leadership in digital reach among Hispanic media.
- Expanded its c-suite with the appointment of two new members to its leadership team, Chief Operating Officer Jennifer White and Chief Revenue Officer Matt Weisbecker, positioning H Code for its next phase of growth and scaling and enabling H Code to navigate the year’s challenges effectively.
- Ended the year with the largest number of employees in company history across its 6 offices and a diverse workforce, where 70% of employees are Hispanic and 80% are multicultural.
- Continued to optimize and develop proprietary technology backed by data to maximize opportunities. In 2020, H Code conducted 66 studies, increasing by 340% YoY, to support brands and advertisers with audience insights as well as an innovative portfolio of digital solutions and channels popular among multicultural audiences.
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list as one of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
- Ranked #10 in LABJ’s 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies in Los Angeles list following considerable revenue growth over three years.
- Was recognized by the Corporate Vision Media Innovator Awards as the Best Hispanic Digital Media Company of 2020 and the Multimedia Producer of the Year in the U.S.
- Partnered with the Office of Mayor Eric Garcetti to increase awareness of free COVID-19 testing among multicultural audiences in Los Angeles County pro bono.
- Created a COVID-19 resource space using its proprietary insights in order for H Code and its partners to be able to navigate the changing COVID-19 landscape.
- Established the H Code Foundation, an employee-led coalition dedicated to giving back to communities of color by donating time and resources.
- Supported the CDC’s Hear Her campaign with TRUth & MarketVision to raise awareness of health issues impacting multicultural communities.
- Launched its Presidential Election Dashboard, an exclusive resource providing insight into the current political leanings and candidate preferences of Hispanic voters, the largest minority voting bloc in the United States.
- Examined how different racial and ethnic groups view U.S. Hispanics and released the Hispanic Perception Study with We Are All Human and the Hispanic Star.
- Released an exclusive report on Connecting with the Latinx Consumer During COVID-19 with the Hispanic Heritage Foundation & Hispanic Public Relations Association.
- Released its white paper, Beyond Demographics, exploring the divide between brands and today’s Hispanic consumers by leveraging proprietary data.
- Built culturally-relevant custom content and unique integrated marketing solutions catered specifically to the U.S. Hispanic market for top brands like TurboTax, Volvo, and many more.
Commitment to Partners
Throughout 2020, H Code took all steps possible to ensure that campaigns, causes, political action groups, publishers, etc. could continue to rely on its unrivaled customer service to deliver trustworthy and accurate digital messages to multicultural communities. H Code remains resilient in its mission to help engage, persuade, and mobilize audiences as well as its partners with educational and informative communication about the coronavirus, the 2020 election, and other important issues despite the many questions still unanswered. In the year to come, digital communication and leadership will continue to be critical. H Code’s team of 60+ professionals stand ready for business operations, and the company is continuously optimizing on behalf of brands and publishers to ensure quality is always a top priority and that H Code and its partners continue to get through this uncertain time together.
Growing in a Period of Crisis
H Code is determined to continue being an advocate for multicultural communities and work with leading organizations to better serve them online. In an effort to empower organizations and political entities to target and reach these communities effectively, 2020 saw the continued development and growth of H Code’s political division.
The company welcomed Junelle Cavero Harnal as its VP of Political, leveraging her extensive political experience to engage Hispanic voters, who were vital during the 2020 election cycle. In 2020, H Code also welcomed team members across its offices and appointed Jennifer White as Chief Operating Officer and Matt Weisbecker as Chief Revenue Officer in preparation for its next phase of growth as reaching multicultural audiences better and effectively online becomes more important to organizations across the United States.
Moving into 2021 with Purpose
Through strategic partnerships and its innovative media solutions and services, H Code aims to continue its upward momentum in 2021 and move forward as a leader and advocate for multicultural marketing. With its extensive digital reach and growing network of over 400 English- and Spanish-language publisher partners, H Code is uniquely positioned to serve multicultural consumers and communities with unmatched authenticity.
H Code envisions a future for media and advertising where everyone is authentically represented. Because of this, H Code is diligently studying the cultural nuances that exist among Black consumers and looking to develop impactful creative, custom content, and integrated digital offerings that will authentically represent and serve the Black community in the United States, moving into 2021 with thought and purpose.
About H Code
Founded in 2015, H Code is the largest Hispanic digital media company in the U.S. Ranked #1 in Hispanic digital reach, H Code influences at scale through digital and integrated campaigns, strategically bringing together targetable data, exclusive inventory, impactful creative, branded content, and more. Backed by its proprietary intelligence platform that derives insights from the largest Hispanic digital panel and influencer network, H Code delivers impactful, data-driven strategies to effectively reach and influence Hispanic audiences with unmatched authenticity. To learn more, visit www.hcodemedia.com.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210112005898/en/
Paolo Ramos/North 6th Agency for H Code
212.334.9753 ext. 135
KEYWORD: CALIFORNIA UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION INTERNET SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING PUBLIC RELATIONS/INVESTOR RELATIONS MARKETING ADVERTISING COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY
SOURCE: H Code
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 01/12/2021 01:00 PM/DISC: 01/12/2021 01:01 PM