Global Pharmaceutical Packaging Industry 2021 - Temperature-sensitive Packaging for New-generation Biologics Presents Opportunities - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan 14, 2022--
The “Global Pharmaceutical Packaging Growth Opportunities” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The COVID-19 pandemic has not only revealed supply chain challenges in terms of meeting pandemic-induced demand but also showcased weaknesses with regard to facing disruptions on a global scale. Immediate impacts include supply volatility, steep price increases, and high levels of uncertainty.
Despite the manufacturing reboot, supply chain interruptions have created a ripple effect. In addition, the lack of time stamps across the supply chain and the poor tracing of the chain of custody of drugs have reduced the shelf life of existing inventory and increased wastage-related risks.
With the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine receiving FDA approval, the Moderna and the Johnson & Johnson vaccines reaching patients under emergency use authorization (EUA), and the authorization of booster doses, an exemplary supply chain is required, and it must comprise capabilities for direct shipment to point of use, local cross-docking of cooling boxes, and local warehousing. Considering the stringent storage requirements for vaccines, a robust cold-chain network for transportation and storage must be established. Therefore, local manufacturing deals, supply chain investments, and packaging innovation will continue to play important roles in the global push for immunization.
For the biopharma industry, positive long-term developments and growth opportunities can outweigh the detrimental short-term impacts of the ongoing pandemic. The industry will witness increased digitalization to build more resilient supply chains to drive flexibility and transparency across manufacturing, packaging, and documentation across the chain of custody.
- Johnson & Johnson
This study will:
- Provide an overview of the evolving pharmaceutical packaging industry ecosystem, with a focus on the billion-dollar growth opportunities in drug delivery packaging.
- Highlight the potential disruptions in pharmaceutical packaging caused by blockchain technology, sensors, RFID, NFC, wearable technology, microchips, green NFC, and single-use products.
- Address how innovative packaging solutions are overcoming key challenges such as drug counterfeiting, the localization of fill and finish, operational costs, complex supply chains, cold-chain handling, and chemical degradation and leaching.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Strategic Imperatives
2. Growth Opportunity Analysis
- Scope and Segmentation
- The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on the Pharmaceutical Packaging Market
- Market Background
- Trends in the Handling of Biologics Products
- Key Themes and Market Dynamics
- Primary Forces Catalyzing Change
- Growth Drivers
- Growth Restraints
- Vendor Ecosystem
3. Growth Opportunity Universe
- GO Universe - A Summary
- Growth Opportunity 1: Scalable Smart Packaging for Improved Health Outcomes
- Illustrative Smart Packaging Solutions
- Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity 2: Temperature-sensitive Packaging for New-generation Biologics
- Advancements in Packaging for Cold Chain
- Case Examples in Biopharma Cold Chain
5. List of Exhibits
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/8o1x01
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220114005390/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PACKAGING PHARMACEUTICAL HEALTH MANUFACTURING
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2022.
PUB: 01/14/2022 12:37 PM/DISC: 01/14/2022 12:37 PM