Global Wound Care Biologics Markets, 2021-2026: Biologic Skin Substitutes, Human Donor Tissue-Derived Products, Acellular Animal-Derived Products, Biosynthetic Products, Topical Agents - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 31, 2021--
The “Wound Care Biologics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global wound care biologics market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Looking forward, the global wound care biologics market to grow at a CAGR of around 8% during 2021-2026.
Wound care biologics refer to drugs extracted or semi-synthesized from natural sources which are used for controlling and healing infections. Wound healing is a complex process involving inflammation, accumulation of fibrous tissue, deposition of collagen, formation of epithelial cell layers and other disruptions. Biologic wound healing treatments possess the ability to restore the natural repair mechanism through active biological agents.
For instance, plant-derived active biomolecules with antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory or antioxidant properties have proven efficacious in advancing the wound-healing process. Some of the recent technological advancements made in the field of wound healing include skin substitutes, bio-membranes, scaffolds, hydroconductive dressings and biologics.
Chronic skin wounds can be caused due to burns, skin cancers, infections, trauma or an underlying medical condition such as diabetes. With the growing prevalence of these ailments along with the expanding geriatric population, there has been a rise in the demand for treatments that can accelerate wound healing and facilitate a speedy recovery.
Along with this, several initiatives have been undertaken by governments across the globe to create awareness about the benefits of wound care biologics among patients. Apart from this, manufacturers are also developing next-generation, cost-effective and high-quality biologics to make them more accessible.
Moreover, many research and healthcare centers are entering into partnerships to modernize wound care treatments and develop innovative drugs for healing wounds.
For example, researchers are focusing on integrating antimicrobial compounds into the wound dressing itself. These materials combine traditional wound dressings such as hydrogels or foams with antimicrobial compounds such as betaine, silver, chitin, or polyhexamethylene biguanide.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global wound care biologics market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global wound care biologics industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global wound care biologics industry?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the wound type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global wound care biologics industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global wound care biologics industry?
- What is the structure of the global wound care biologics industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global wound care biologics industry?
- Smith & Nephew
- Molnlycke Health Care
- Integra lifesciences
- Osiris Therapeutics
- Avita Medical
- ConvaTec Group
- Cytori Therapeutics
- Johnson & Johnson
- Leap Therapeutics
- Nuo Therapeutics
- Wright Medical
- Mimedx Group
- Solsys Medical
Market Breakup by Product:
- Biologic Skin Substitutes
- Human Donor Tissue-Derived Products
- Acellular Animal -Derived Products
- Biosynthetic Products
- Topical Agents
Market Breakup by Wound Type:
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Venous Ulcers
- Pressure Ulcers
- Surgical and Traumatic Wounds
Market Breakup by Application:
- Acute Wound
- Chronic Wound
- Surgical Wound
Market Breakup by End-User:
- Burn Centres and Wound Clinics
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/2qr2bp
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210531005195/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: BIOTECHNOLOGY SURGERY HEALTH PHARMACEUTICAL MEDICAL SUPPLIES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 05/31/2021 10:21 AM/DISC: 05/31/2021 10:22 AM