Worldwide Digital Badges Industry to 2026 - Academic Segment to Occupy a Significant Market Share - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 8, 2021--
The “Digital Badges Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The digital badges market is expected to register a CAGR of 22.5% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026). A Digital Badge signifies the accomplishments or skills for its holder and these accomplishments and skills can be displayed, accessed, and verified online.
- Credly Inc.
- Concentric Sky Inc.
- International Institute of Business Analysis
- Skillsoft Corporation
- Forall Systems Inc.
- ARMA International
- Portfolium Inc.
Key Market Trends
Academic Segment to Occupy a Significant Market Share
- The introduction of digital badges in education has opened up a new and effective way to assess students based on specific learning styles. With badges, students can be rewarded based on overall performance and not just a single test to promote learning.
- Digital badges allows educators to appreciate students for their achievements. These achievements could be related to learning, positive behavior, efforts, skills etc. It can also be awarded to students who are struggling to excel , in order to motivate them and encourage learning.
- Digital badges can be incorporated at all levels and areas of learning including goals and objectives.A group of researchers conducted a study in 2018 to determine the effect of digital badges on setting learning goals and motivating students to achieve them. The result was positive
- Research is exploring whether or not digital badges are effective pedagogical tools as well as how they may be best utilized in higher education settings. Other uses for badges in higher education include virtual credentialing systems that would allow students the ability to showcase newly acquired skills and mastery of new content.
Asia-Pacific to be the Fastest Growing
- The region is witnessing significant growth due to rapid adoption of online learning in India, China and South Korea.
- Owing to large country China with urban-rural gaps used digital learning technology to enhance education equity, quality, and efficiency.According to the Ministry of Education of China, there are more than 10 Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) platforms in China, and over 460 universities and colleges have introduced more than 3,200 online courses through those platforms, with more than 55 million viewers. In addition, over 200 Chinese online courses have joined international MOOC platforms.
- In India, most people residing in remote areas do not have adequate access to skill enhancement and quality learning, Digital badges can play a pivotal role. It can be beneficial for those who are bound by financial instability, physical limitations or commuting issues.
- Owing to the volatile job market in India, MOOC is a cost-efficient way to reskill and upskill. In addition, cheaper and better bandwidth is enabling learners to do online courses more easily and earn digital badges.
- According to mezzomedia, in 2019, 44% used Social media (blog, cafe by Naver, Daum) and 43.6 % used portal for online learning education in South Korea . 69.7 % people used language and 31.7 % used certification as their types of courses for online learning in South Korea in 2019.
- This show that owing to more usage of Korean language in all level , people are interested in learning different languages through online platform which makes them earn digital badges.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Focus on Online Learning
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Lack of IT Infrastructure in Developing Regions
4.4 Porters Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By End-user
5.2.1 North America
5.2.3 Asia Pacific
5.2.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles*
6.1.2 Credly Inc.
6.1.3 Concentric Sky Inc.
6.1.4 International Institute of Business Analysis
6.1.5 Skillsoft Corporation
6.1.7 Forall Systems Inc.
6.1.8 ARMA International
6.1.10 Portfolium Inc.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/itko21
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210408005356/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 04/08/2021 04:52 AM/DISC: 04/08/2021 04:52 AM