Global Plant Biostimulants Market Report 2020: $4.5 Billion Trajectory & Analytics 2012-2027 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 22, 2020--
The “Plant Biostimulants - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
While COVID-19 Has Seized Our Collective Attention, Its Time to Look Beyond the Crisis to Focus on Strategic Priorities like Food Security.
The global market for Plant Biostimulants is forecast to reach US$4.5 billion by the year 2027, trailing a post COVID-19 CAGR of 10.2% over the analysis period 2020 through 2027.
The return to growth will be led by the growing focus of governments worldwide to reduce agriculture’s growing carbon footprint and make it more sustainable. This goal comes against the backdrop of the challenges involved in feeding a growing global population.
Natural biostimulants are an emerging group of plant biostimulants defined as the use of microorganism such as fungi and bacteria. Popular fungi used as biostimulants include Glomus intraradices; Trichoderma atroviride; Trichoderma reesei; and Heteroconium chaetospira, among others. Bacteria, fungi and yeasts have the ability to promote plant growth by enabling biocontrol of plant pathogen that retard growth. These microorganisms produce hormone-like substances that positively influence biological processes that regulate plant physiology, metabolism, morphology and interactions within the agroecosystem.
Continuous research in the area of soil based organisms is enabling greater understanding of the complex world of bacteria leading to the development of new categories of microbiome ecosystem. Crop probiotics are now poised to emerge into powerful new plant biostimulants solutions. A major factor influencing growth in the market is the projected increase in demand for organic foods to over US$300 billion by 2022 and a parallel rise in organic farming area to a record high of 75 million hectares by 2020.
Expected global population growth to over 8.5 billion by 2030 brings special focus on food security, crop productivity and yields. In addition, the growing CO2 footprint of fertilizers is raising concerns forcing the regulatory authorities to crack down on indiscriminate use of fertilizers. A case in point is the growing CO2 Footprint of Ammonium Nitrate, the most common chemical fertilizer. The use of this fertilizer accounts for the largest share of emissions, approximately 40%, during its production and use.
The proposed imposition of agriculture carbon tax in several developed countries worldwide is additionally encouraging robust penetration of environmentally friendly farming practices in world’s farms. For instance, over 35% of farming practices worldwide is based on eco-friendly approaches. In response to the growing need for eco-friendly solutions, investments in plant science is growing as measured by projected spending on agricultural biotechnology which is projected to reach US$60 billion by 2024.
All of these factors combine to provide robust growth opportunities for plant biostimulants. Interestingly, growth in hydroponics is driving increased demand for seaweed extracts. The growing trend towards greenhouse horticulture as an intensive farming method to grow crops with less water, artificially managed temperature and protected from natural climatic and environmental conditions will also spur growth of biostimulants such as protein hydrolysates, humic and fulvic acids.
China will rank as a major market with a CAGR of 14.2% over the analysis period supported by the fact that the country ranks as the world’s largest agrarian economy backed with strong policy level support for the adoption of environment friendly agricultural inputs. The Chinese government focuses on farmer education to enhance awareness over crop economics and risk management and stay abreast of new developments in technology, science and business.
Key Topics Covered:
I. INTRODUCTION, METHODOLOGY & REPORT SCOPE
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
- Biostimulants Business Remain Buoyant amid COVID-19 Disruptions
- Plant Biostimulants: The Organic Future of Global Agri Industry
- Lack of Standard Definition: A Major Challenge
- Regional Market Analysis
- Europe Dominates the Global Biostimulants Market
- Developing Markets to Register the Fastest Growth
- Foliar Leads the Biostimulant Application, Seed Treatment to Exhibit Fastest Growth
- Challenges Impeding Adoption of Biostimulants
- Regulatory Hurdles
- Issues Related to Storage and Outcomes
- Grower Education and Returns on Investments Critical for Adoption
- Growth Hindered by Lack of Thorough Research
- Technical Challenges Pose Obstacles
- Increasing Orientation to Boost Agricultural Production Fuels Biostimulant Market
- Market Characterized by Fragmentation
- More Companies Venture into the Biostimulants Space
- Strong Growth Prospects Compel Manufacturers to Globalize
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
- Acadian Seaplants Limited
- Bayer CropScience AG
- Biolchim S.p.A.
- Ilsa S.p.A
- Isagro SpA
- ITALPOLLINA S.p.A
- Koppert Biological Systems
- Lallemand, Inc.
- Leili Group
- Novozymes A/S
- Syngenta AG
- Trade Corporation International S.A.
- UPL Limited
- Valagro SpA
- Yara International ASA
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Ensuring Food Security for Expanding World Population - A Way Forward
- Shrinking Arable Land Drives Demand for Biostimulants
- Climate Change Adds Fuel to the Already Burning Issue of Food Security, Driving the Demand for Biostimulants
- Drive Towards Sustainable Agriculture Places Emphasis on Biostimulants
- Biostimulants Complement the Growth in Organic Farming
- Demand for High-Value Crops Offer Strong Growth Opportunities for Plant Biostimulants
- Growing Applications to Expand Market Value
- Industry Witnesses Investment Growth in Biostimulants Space
- Focus on Innovation to Steer Market Growth
- Companies Turn to New Strategies to Source Biostimulants
- Hydroponics and Biostimulants: A Promising Strategy for Production of High-Quality Food
- Amino Acids: A Key Segment
- Functions of Amino Acids as Biostimulant in Plants
- Select Commercially Available Biostimulant Amino Acids
- Seaweed Extracts Exhibit Strong Potential for Growth
- Select ANE Extracts and their Plant Growth Function
- Microbial Biostimulants Exhibit Strong Growth Potential
- Soil Biostimulants Present Attractive Opportunities to Participants
- Biostimulants Playing a Key Role in Combating Abiotic Stress
- Impact of Biostimulants on Reducing Abiotic/Biotic Stress by Crop Plant
- PRODUCT OVERVIEW
- Biostimulants: Definition
- Types of Biostimulants
- Based on Type of Active Ingredient
- Amino Acids
- Humic Acid
- Fulvic Acid
- Seaweed Extracts
- Protein Hydrolysates
- By Mode of Application
- Biostimulants by Crop Type
- Biostimulant Types and their Effects on Plants
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
- GEOGRAPHIC MARKET ANALYSIS
- Total Companies Profiled: 126
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/evgbtk
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201222005359/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: AGRICULTURE NATURAL RESOURCES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2020.
PUB: 12/22/2020 08:21 AM/DISC: 12/22/2020 08:21 AM