Insights on the Calcite Global Market to 2027 - Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 7, 2020--
The “Calcite Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020-2025)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The market for calcite is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 5% globally during the forecast period.
Growing Demand for paper & plastics packaging industries and increasing demand from the building & construction industry are driving the market. On the flip side, unfavorable conditions arising due to the COVID-19 outbreak are hindering the market growth.
The building & construction industry is expected to dominate the global calcite market over the forecast period. Asia-Pacific region represents the largest market and is also expected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period owing to the increasing consumption from countries such as China, India, and Japan.
- ARANTHANGI CHEMICALS PVT.LTD.,
- Ashirwad Minerals
- Celtic Chemicals Ltd
- Earth MineChem
- FUJIAN SANMU NANO CALCIUM CARBONATE CO.,LTD.
- Guangdong Qiangda New Materials Technology Co.,Ltd.
- Gulshan Polyols Ltd.
- Huber Engineered Materials
- Jay Minerals
- Krishna Minerals
- MEWAR MICRONS
- Minerals Technologies Inc
- NGHE AN MINERAL JOINT STOCK COMPANY
- Nordkalk Corporation
- Omya AG
- Shanghai Calcium Carbonate Factory Co., Ltd
- Weifang Santi Chemical Co.,Ltd
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand for Building & Construction Industry
- Calcite mineral is widely used in building & construction and is expected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period.
- Calcite is abundantly available primarily as limestone and in metamorphic form as marble. Calcite is formed in the earth’s crust due to both chemical precipitation of calcium carbonate and from the transformation of shells, choral and algal debris into calcite.
- In modern construction, calcite in the form of limestone is used to produce cement and concrete. Marbles impart beauty to home which is available in a variety of colors and patterns, increasing demand for marbles in flooring, kitchen tabletops, and bathroom countertops are expected to drive the market. They are used in commercial as well as in residential buildings.
- The construction industry in the United States continued to expand in the future, owing to a strong economy and positive market fundamentals for commercial real estate, along with an increase in federal and state funding for public works and institutional buildings.
- Furthermore, the construction industry in India has received a major boost by the investment of USD 1.4 billion through private equity and venture capital investments during October 2019.
- The growing need for infrastructure development in emerging economies is expected to drive the market for the calcite during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for the calcite market during the forecast period due to the rapid increase in demand from countries like China, and India.
- Calcite as grounded calcium carbonate is mainly used as a filler for papermaking because of higher brightness, light scattering characterizes along with abundant availability and low cost compared to kaolin.
- The growing demand for paper packaging and tissue products in countries like China and India are expected to drive the market.
- Apart from paper, growing infrastructure demands are expected to contribute to the growth of the calcite market. The Indian government has allocated USD 63 billion for the infrastructure sector in 2019-20 and is planning to spend USD 1.4 trillion over the next five years.
- Moreover, according to the National Development and Reform Commission of China, the Chinese government approved 26 infrastructure projects at an estimated investment of about USD 142 billion in 2019 which are expected to be completed by 2023.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for the calcite market in the Asia-Pacific during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand for Paper & Plastics Packaging Industries
4.1.2 Increasing Demand From the Building & Construction Industry
4.2.1 Unfavourable Conditions Arising Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Building & Construction
5.2.2 Paper & Pulp
5.2.3 Paints & Coatings
5.2.4 Plastics & Polymers
5.3.2 North America
5.3.4 South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/k32ks4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201007005530/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: CHEMICALS/PLASTICS NATURAL RESOURCES MANUFACTURING MINING/MINERALS
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2020.
PUB: 10/07/2020 07:48 AM/DISC: 10/07/2020 07:48 AM