Global Connected Wearable Device Markets 2021-2026 in Healthcare, Wellness, and Fitness by Device Type, Use Case, and Application - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan 11, 2021--
The “Connected Wearable Device Market in Healthcare, Wellness, and Fitness by Device Type, Use Case, and Application 2021-2026” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report evaluates the current state of the wearable technology ecosystem including devices and applications within the medical, wellness, and fitness markets. The report addresses key challenges, market players, solutions, and the future of wearables in healthcare and related industries including fitness and well being.
The report also provides an outlook for the future of wearable devices in medical, wellness, and fitness with forecasts for the period 2021-2026. This includes application analysis and forecasts by physiological activity and the role of wearables in elder care and assisted living.
There is great demand in the healthcare industry for remote monitoring and diagnostics. Driving factors include healthcare cost inflation coupled with a rapidly aging global population within the developed countries. For example, 23 percent of United States residents are projected to be age 65 or older by 2030.
Wearable devices for medical, wellness and fitness purposes are many and varied, consisting of various form factors depending on the purpose and placement of the human body. Wearable devices can be worn and/or integrated into apparel to become less intrusive. Sensors (biomechanical, motion, etc.) may be placed at specific parts of the body to communicate with an overall Body Area Network system.
Improving supply factors include improvements in electronics miniaturization and innovation leading to reduced device cost. R&D in wearable healthcare devices is leading to enhanced functionality, form factor improvements, and frictionless integration with the Internet of Things (IoT) systems and solutions.
Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication enables wearable healthcare devices to communicate autonomously with monitoring systems for both real-time decision making and data gathering for future analysis. Secure M2M-enabled data transport and IoT system connectivity facilitates the integration of healthcare info with data analytics solutions.
One of the core reasons for wearables in healthcare is to transmit information for medical support from a licensed professional. However,there is also a market for “quantified self” in healthcare, which refers to the incorporation of technology into data acquisition on aspects of a person’s daily life. This enables a “Do it Yourself” (DIY) tool for consumers to self-monitor and self-report important wellness items such as blood pressure. The alternative is to allow medical data to transmit to a trusted entity.
Advanced healthcare data management solutions, supported by artificial intelligence, are capable of processing massive amounts of healthcare information, including unstructured data acquired from many different sources and contexts. One of challenges for the healthcare industry is tying these systems into healthcare devices in a manner in which data is leveraged while simultaneously preserving device security and end-user privacy.
Select Report Findings
- The global market for health and fitness trackers will reach $8.98 billion by 2026
- Privacy and security concerns continue to damper the market significantly at present
- Wearables are rapidly moving into the preventative care, diagnostics, and urgent care segment
- There is a need for efficient device tracking in terms of both care of custody for delivery as well as usage
- The medical device market is rapidly crossing over into the general health, fitness, and well-being category
- Forecasting for wearables in the healthcare market globally and regionally for 2021-2026
- Identify key success factors for consumer adoption and usage of wearables in healthcare
- Understand the factors driving adoption and usage for wearables in healthcare, fitness, and well-being market
- Identify leading companies, strategies,products, applications, and solutions for wearable technology in healthcare
- Obtain a vision for the future of wearables in healthcare including the evolution of wearable technology form factors and usage behaviors
- Xiaomi Corporation
- Guangdong BBK Electronics Industry Co. Ltd
- Alphabet Inc.
- Lifesense Group B.V.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Smiths Group plc
- Roche Holding AG
- Apple Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Medtronic PLC
- 3L Labs
- 4iiii Innovations Inc.
- Adidas America Inc.
- Atlas Wearables Inc.
- Avegant Corp.
- BSX Insight
- Casio America Inc.
- ConnectDevice Holding Ltd.
- Seiko Epson Corp.
- FitBit Inc.
- ActiveLinxx LLC
- Free Wavz
- Garmin Ltd.
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- iHealth Labs Inc.
- StarVR Corp
- Intel Corporation
- Leapfrog Enterprises Inc.
- LG Electronics
- LifeBEAM (Vi Inc.)
- Mio Labs
- Monster Inc.
- Nike Inc.
- NTT Docomo Inc.
- Oculus VR LLC
- Actofit Wearables
- Polar Electro
- Qardio Inc.
- Recon Instruments
- Reebok International Limited
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Sony Corporation
- Soundbrenner Limited
- Sqord Inc.
- Thalmic Labs Inc.
- Timex.com Inc.
- Tobii AB
- Weartrons Labs
- Zepp Inc.
- ZTE Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ipt812
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210111005622/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MEDICAL DEVICES HEALTH
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 01/11/2021 08:06 AM/DISC: 01/11/2021 08:07 AM