Worldwide Antimicrobial Medical Device Coatings Industry to 2026 - Prominent Vendors Include Hydromer, Covalon and DSM Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 15, 2021--
The “Antimicrobial Medical Device Coatings Market - Global Outlook and Forecast 2021-2026” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global antimicrobial medical device coatings market by revenue is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 7% during the period 2021-2026.
The antimicrobial medical device coatings market constitutes an integral part of the global medical device coatings market. The use of antimicrobial agents in medical devices is increasing due to their biocompatibility, non-toxicity, durability, and biostability. The increasing popularity of antimicrobial technologies in healthcare facilities is contributing to the market growth. The demand for antimicrobial coatings will increase with the growing percentage of the elderly population and the rise in chronic diseases both in developed and developing countries. The adoption of innovative surface technologies will also significantly propel the demand for antimicrobial coatings for medical equipment.
The following factors are likely to contribute to the growth of the antimicrobial medical device coatings market during the forecast period:
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Availability of Companies Providing Coating Systems
- The emergence of Nanoparticle Coating Technology
- Increase in Use of Minimally Invasive Surgeries
The study considers the present scenario of the antimicrobial medical device coatings market and its market dynamics for the period 2020-2026. It covers a detailed overview of several market growth enablers, restraints, and trends. The report offers both the demand and supply aspects of the market. It profiles and examines leading companies and other prominent ones operating in the market.
Global Antimicrobial Medical Device Coatings Market Segmentation
The global antimicrobial medical device coatings market research report includes a detailed segmentation by material, devices, geography. Metal-based antimicrobials can provide sustainability solutions toward infectious diseases. These solutions offer high efficacy at low dosage levels without the development of resistance-metal-based solutions, which silver and copper have displayed a wide-spread commercial deployment for few decades. Silver has been a long-time antimicrobial agent applicable in several fields, ranging from household to medical applications. It has been effective against both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. Innovations in product formulations and increasing awareness of antimicrobial coatings are expected to drive the demand for silver coatings.
The rise in catheter-associated infections is likely to increase the application of antimicrobial coatings. Due to the growth of microbial flora and biofilm formation, catheters related diseases are on the rise. Catheters are the most prominently used medical devices to which antimicrobial coatings are necessary. The increased usage of catheters in elderly patients is another factor for the growth of the market. Though several agents can be used for coating, silver is the widely used antimicrobial agent. Silver and silver nanoparticles have displayed high efficiency in reducing microbial growth and preventing biofilms on catheters.
Key Questions Answered
1. What is the market size and growth rate of the global antimicrobial medical device coatings market?
2. How have nanoparticle-based solutions impacted medical device coating technology?
3. What technological innovations are being witnessed in the global medical device coatings market?
4. Who are the leading vendors in the antimicrobial medical device coatings market?
5. What are the major threats confronted by new entrants in the market?
6. Which region is likely to contribute the highest revenue during the forecast period?
Opportunities & Trends
- Advent Of COVID-19 Pandemic
- Availability Of Companies Providing Coating Systems
- Emergence Of Nanoparticle Coating Technology
- Favorable Patient Demographics
- Increasing Use Of Minimally Invasive Surgeries
- Technological Innovations In Medical Device Coatings
- Rising Prevalence Of HAIs
- Growing Demand For Silver-Based Medical Device Coatings
- High Upfront Costs And Fluctuating Prices Of Raw Materials
- Lack Of Appropriate Regulatory Guidelines For Antimicrobial Coating Techniques
- Stringent & Time-Consuming Regulatory Approval Process
- Complex Design Of Medical Devices Demanding Atomic Layer Deposition (Ald)
- AST Products
- Specialty Coating Systems (SCS)
Other Prominent Vendors
- Harland Medical Systems
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/v8si5g
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210415005590/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MEDICAL DEVICES HEALTH
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 04/15/2021 08:33 AM/DISC: 04/15/2021 08:33 AM