Global Counter Misinformation (DeepFake & Fake News) Solutions Market (2020 to 2026) - Featuring Axon, Cheq & Cyabra Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 23, 2020--
The “Counter Misinformation (DeepFake & Fake News) Solutions Market - 2020-2026” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
For the past century Fake News has become a significant problem, as exploiting news outlets and social media platforms to disseminate misinformation to influence individuals’ actions has become widespread. The negative impact of Fake News, especially within the political, economic, and social environments is increasing, emphasizing the need to detect and identify these Fake News stories in near real-time.
Furthermore, the latest trend of using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to create fake videos, known as “DeepFakes” or “FakeNews 2.0″, is a fast-growing phenomenon creating major concerns. AI technology enables, basically anyone, to create a fake video that shows a person or persons performing an action at an event that never occurred. Although DeepFakes are not as prevalent and widespread as Fake News articles, they are increasing in popularity and have a much greater effect on the general population. In addition, the sophistication behind the creation of DeepFake videos increases the difficulty of identifying and detecting them, making them a much more effective and destructive tool for perpetrators.
As the usage and threat of DeepFakes and Fake News intensifies, so do efforts to develop new detection methods, resulting in the next wave of (mis)information warfare. The proliferation of technology, specifically Artificial Intelligence, allow wide scale and easy to use solutions to create synthetic media that seems very real, either in video, photos, or text. In combination with networks of fake profiles, bot networks and smart utilization of social media, the attackers have many ways to influence either the public or specific individuals. As media and technology are now being used for cyber terrorism, criminal activity, espionage and military warfare, the new age of information warfare threatens democracies worldwide, pushing governments to combat this threat with large investments.
- Digital Fingerprints
- Fabula AI (a Twitter company)
- Falso Tech
There are two major categories of DeepFake detection tools:
- Pattern Analysis - looking and analyzing the behavior of people in the videos, learning the patterns, from hand gestures to pauses in speech, and comparing it to real life patterns. This approach has the advantage of possibly working even if the video quality itself is essentially perfect.
- Quality of Video Analysis - analyzing the differences between deepfakes and real videos. Most deepfake videos are created by merging individually generated frames into videos. By analyzing the essential data from the faces in individual frames of a video and then tracking them through sets of concurrent frames one is able to detect inconsistencies in the flow of the information from one frame to another. This can also be used for face audio detection.
Key Questions Answered:
- What will be the counter deepfake and counter fake news software market size in 2019-2025? What will the relevant trends be during that time?
- What will be the deepfake detection software market size in 2019-2025?
- What will be the fake news detection software market size in 2019-2025?
- Which submarkets in this field provide attractive business opportunities?
- Which regions are expected to invest most in these capabilities?
- Which end users are expected to invest most in these capabilities?
- What are the market drivers and inhibitors?
- Who are the prominent vendors in the market?
- What type of regulations are countries implementing to fight the threats posed by deepfake and fake news activities?
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
2 Misinformation in Homeland Security, Public Safety and National Security Market Background & Assessmen
3 Counter Misinformation in Homeland Security, Public Safety and National Security Market Background & Assessment
4 Counter Misinformation Country Regulatory Frameworks
5 Select Counter Misinformation Projects and Programs in Homeland Security, Public Safety & National Security
6 Global Security Concerns & Assessment
7 Homeland Security, Public Safety, and National Security Agencies Background
8 Proliferation of Data
9 Type of Data Sources
9.1 Passive Data Sources
9.2 Active Data Sources
9.3 Data Sources
9.3.1 OSINT (Social Media and Web)
184.108.40.206 Social Media Sources
220.127.116.11 Leading Social Media Platforms
10 Threats Generated by Misinformation Campaigns
10.1 Election Campaigns and Politics.
10.2 Financial Fraud
10.3 Public Health
10.4 Personality Theft
10.5 Cyber-enabled Crime
10.6 Revenge Porn & Sextortion
11.1 Consolidated Market 2020-2026
11.2 Market Analysis 2020-2026
11.3 Market Dynamics 2020-2026
11.4 Market Breakdown 2020-2026
11.5 Counter Misinformation Technology Background
11.6 Counter Misinformation Technology Enablers & Applications
11.7 Bot Networks
11.7.1 What are Bot Networks
11.8 Counter Misinformation Technology Types and Solutions
12 Vertical Markets
12.1 Consolidated Market 2020-2026
12.2 Market Analysis 2020-2026
12.3 Market Dynamics 2020-2026
12.4 Market Breakdown 2020-2026
12.5 Government Intelligence Agencies
12.6 LEAs & First Responders
12.7 Financial Intelligence & Fraud Detection
12.8 Cyber Security Agencies
12.9 Military & Defense Intelligence
12.10 Commercial Copyrights Protection
13 Regional Markets
13.1 North America Market Background
13.2 Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) Market Background
13.3 APAC Market Background
14 Leading Vendors
15 Disclaimer & Copyright
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/uoo7d5
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201223005236/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY COMMUNICATIONS OTHER COMMUNICATIONS OTHER TECHNOLOGY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2020.
PUB: 12/23/2020 08:45 AM/DISC: 12/23/2020 08:45 AM