Fairwinds Insights Self-Hosted Version Now Available; Kubernetes Security Policy & Governance Software
BOSTON - April 13, 2021 - ( Newswire.com )
Fairwinds today announced the availability of a self-hosted version of Fairwinds Insights, the company’s software for continuous Kubernetes security monitoring, policy enforcement and governance. Fairwinds Insights can now be run locally on-premise, in addition to the SaaS version, and is especially useful for organizations bound by regulatory compliance requirements. Fairwinds Insights allows users to visualize, navigate and triage Kubernetes security, efficiency and reliability data from within their Kubernetes clusters.
“For organizations that need multi-cluster, multi-team security monitoring and governance, Insights is a natural progression from our popular Polaris open source tool. Creating a self-hosted version of Insights, which prioritizes DevSecOps, made good sense for customers that wanted the control of an on-prem offering,” said Bill Ledingham, CEO of Fairwinds. “The self-hosted version of Insights gives the same visibility into Kubernetes clusters so developers and engineering teams can ensure accurate configurations, prioritize security into the development process and create cost- and time-efficiency savings.”
The self-hosted version of Insights includes the latest 3.0 functionality:
- Resource Monitoring - Fairwinds Insights is now integrated with the Prometheus Collector. The software gathers fine-grained resource usage data and generates a report that can be used to gauge how much different workloads cost, understand cost trends and help set resource requests and limits.
- Automation Rules - Fairwinds Insights allows users to automatically triage Kubernetes misconfiguration alerts produced by Fairwinds Insights based on certain rules. It cuts down on the amount of data generated so teams can focus on the issues that matter most to their organization. Automation Rules can also be set up to send notifications in Slack for stronger collaboration.
- Open Policy Agent (OPA) Policy UI - allows users to view and manage policies for quicker time-to value with OPA policies. OPA is a CNCF project for policy management, and the OPA Policy UI lets users view, edit and enable/disable their policies on the fly while also providing an out-of-the-box library of policies to clone or modify.
- Re-imagined NavBar - organizes information hierarchy vertically, making it easier for users to switch and navigate between contexts, and allows Fairwinds to grow Insights features over time.
To learn more about how Fairwinds Insights Self-Hosted improves security, reduces costs, saves time and improves reliability, visit www.fairwinds.com/insights.
- Get Access to Fairwinds Insights Self-Hosted
- Kubernetes Maturity Model
- Fairwinds Insights 3.0 Blog
- An Interview with Flatfile on Why Fairwinds Insights: Kubernetes Configuration Validation
Fairwinds provides software and managed services to help companies ship cloud-native applications faster, more cost-effectively and with less risk. With years of experience and thousands of customer production deployments, Fairwinds enables companies to confidently run containerized applications on production-grade Kubernetes infrastructure at scale. Offerings include Fairwinds Insights - software for automating, monitoring and enforcing Kubernetes best practices for security, reliability and resource optimization; and, ClusterOps - a managed service that deploys and manages Kubernetes infrastructure 24x7 for customers. The company is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and provides a fully remote and distributed work environment. For more information, visit www.fairwinds.com, read our blog or follow @FairwindsOps on Twitter.
Press Release Service by Newswire.com