Intel Announces Expanded Paid Leave Benefits
SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 17, 2019--
What’s New: Beginning Jan. 1, 2020, Intel is expanding U.S. paid leave benefits to better support employees during life’s critical moments. These changes are part of Intel’s holistic, comprehensive and inclusive benefit offerings.
“When our employees and their families are supported, they perform at their best. We strive to care for our employees and their families through every stage of life, whether they are caring for small children, aging parents or anyone in between. We want our employees to know we are here to support them through all the situations they and their families may encounter.”
–Julie Ann Overcash, Intel vice president of Human Resources and global director of Compensation and Benefits
What Expanded Benefits will Include:
- New paid family leave: Paid leave for up to eight weeks to care for a seriously ill family member.
- Expanded paid bonding leave: Bonding leave for new parents expanded from eight to 12 weeks.
- New parent reintegration program: New parents may work a part-time schedule (up to four weeks) with full-time pay. Parents who opt-in will also receive a gift in celebration of the event. Intel will also provide breast milk shipping at no cost.
- Expanded bereavement time: Paid time off for bereavement expands to up to two weeks.
- Short-term disability coverage: The benefit, which includes pregnancy, approximates regular pay for up to 52 weeks and will be provided at no cost.
Why It Matters: These enhancements are part of Intel’s continued investment in benefits to support employee well-being. By enhancing its paid leave benefits, Intel allows employees to focus on their families and loved ones in times of need so they can return to work with the proper support. This makes Intel a better place to work for everyone.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), a leader in the semiconductor industry, is shaping the data-centric future with computing and communications technology that is the foundation of the world’s innovations. The company’s engineering expertise is helping address the world’s greatest challenges as well as helping secure, power and connect billions of devices and the infrastructure of the smart, connected world – from the cloud to the network to the edge and everything in between. Find more information about Intel at newsroom.intel.com and intel.com.
© Intel Corporation. Intel, the Intel logo, and other Intel marks are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191217005153/en/
CONTACT: Patricia Oliverio-Lauderdale
KEYWORD: CALIFORNIA UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY HUMAN RESOURCES SEMICONDUCTOR SECURITY PROFESSIONAL SERVICES SOFTWARE NETWORKS INTERNET DATA MANAGEMENT
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 12/17/2019 10:00 AM/DISC: 12/17/2019 10:01 AM