Global Beverage Market Nears $1.86 Trillion by 2024 - Analysis by Type of Beverage, Packaging Type, Distribution Channel, Region, and Market Player - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 17, 2019--
The “Global Beverage Market - Forecasts from 2019 to 2024” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global beverage market is evaluated at US$1,544.61 billion for the year 2018 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.1% to reach the market size of US$1,854.589 billion by the year 2024.
- The market is projected to grow at a decent rate during the forecast period owing to the growing per capita global consumption of drinks in major developing regions owing to rising disposable income and changing preferences of consumers towards ready to drink beverages.
- Growing focus by key market players are investing heavily on mergers, acquisitions, and product launches in order to gain a competitive advantage over other players also show the growth potential of the market in the coming years.
- The growing per capita consumption of alcoholic drinks and consumer preferences regarding premium products is also expected to augment the market growth.
- Rising health concerns regarding the sugar content of packed beverages coupled with health concerns regarding consumption of alcohol may hinder the growth of the market during the forecast period.
- The launch of new products in the non-alcoholic segment such as with drinks healthier content and zero sugar is further projected to create ample opportunities for the market during the forecast period and beyond.
Geographically the Asia Pacific is expected to hold the dominating share in the market owing to rising disposable income, rapid urbanization coupled with changing the lifestyle of consumers.
Some of the major players discussed in this report are Unilever, The Coca Cola Company, GCMMF (Amul), Bacardi Limited, Carlsberg Breweries A/S, and Heineken N.V. among others
- Growing consumption per capita consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Rising disposable income
- Expansion of distribution channels
- Rising health consciousness regarding the consumption of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- In January 2019, The Coca-Cola Company acquired Chi Ltd., a leading company in beverages like juices and value-added dairy.
- In August 2019, Diageo announced the acquisition of Seedlip, the world’s first distilled non-alcoholic spirits brand as a majority shareholder.
The global beverages market has been analyzed through the following segments:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Bottled Water
- Carbonated Soft Drinks
- Fruit Juice
By Packaging Type
By Distribution Channel
- Departmental Stores
- Specialty Stores
- The Coca Cola Company
- PepsiCo Inc.
- Jones Soda Co.
- Appalachian Brewing Company
- GCMMF (Amul)
- Keurig Dr Pepper Inc.
- Bacardi Limited
- Carlsberg Breweries A/S
- Heineken N.V.
- Suntory Holding Limited
- Constellation Brands Inc.
- Molson Coors Brewing Company
- United Breweries Ltd.
- Brown-Forman Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qxxwl5
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190917005879/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: FOOD/BEVERAGE RETAIL
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 09/17/2019 11:28 AM/DISC: 09/17/2019 11:28 AM