Finalists for Annual Strata Data Awards Announced
BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 14, 2019--O’Reilly, the premier source for insight-driven learning on technology and business, and Cloudera today announced the finalists for the 2019 edition of the annual Strata Data Awards. The Strata Data Awards recognize the most innovative data-driven startups, projects and initiatives from Strata Data Conference sponsors and exhibitors.
The awards will be handed out at the upcoming Strata Data Conference, taking place March 25-28, 2019 in San Francisco, CA at the Moscone Center. Curated by a team of industry experts and selected by the attendees of the world’s largest data conference series, awards will be given this year to the most disruptive startup, the most innovative industry technology, the most impactful data science project and the most notable Open Source contribution.
This year’s finalists are:
Data Impact Award – awarded to a project or initiative that uses data science and analytics to have a widespread, positive impact on society.
- Civis Analytics - Civis Analytics worked with the City of Houston to build a new model for more accurately calculating storm damage.
- Neo4j – The German Center for Diabetes Research (DZD) worked with Neo4j combine research data sources from genetics, epigenetics and metabolic pathways with data from clinical studies to improve how they fight diabetes.
- SAS – SAS worked with Dignity Health to collect data about sepsis infections at its 36 hospitals and create a rules engine that could monitor and alert when factors that could indicate a sepsis infection were met.
Most Disruptive Startup - awarded to a new, private company less than 4 years old, with fewer than 100 employees and under $50M in raised capital.
- Auger.AI – Auger.AI’s Automated Machine Learning solution makes it easy to increase prediction accuracy without painstaking model selection and configuration.
- Determined AI – Determined AI empowers machine learning developers to produce quality models in less time using state-of-the-art optimization technologies.
- Okera – Okera helps enterprises do more with their data without compromising on governance, compliance, or security.
Most Innovative Product – awarded to a product or service less than 2 years old launched by a company of any size or age.
- Alteryx – Alteryx Visualytics provides real-time, interactive visualizations, enabling any data worker in an organization to easily visualize and understand their data throughout the entire analytics workflow.
- Infoworks.io – Infoworks.io automates the end-to-end data engineering process for the creation and ongoing management of big data pipelines from source to consumption.
- Sigma Computing – Sigma Computing provides live, interactive access to a company’s cloud data warehouse through a familiar spreadsheet-like interface, turning business experts into data analysts without writing a single line of code.
Open Source Award – awarded to an open source project, tool, or contribution that significantly advances the state of data science.
- Apache Arrow —Submitted by Dremio; Apache Arrow is a cross-language development platform for in-memory data.
- Apache Pulsar —Submitted by Streamlio; Apache Pulsar provides a new generation platform that helps advance the state of the art for how data is moved and processed.
- Spark NLP – Submitted by John Snow Labs; Spark NLP provides state of the art natural language processing in Python, Java & Scala.
“We’re honored to have so many innovative companies and projects present at this year’s Strata Data Conference,” said Ben Lorica, chief data scientist at O’Reilly and Strata Data Conference program chair. “I’d like to take a moment to congratulate the finalists – and to encourage all of our show attendees to seek out these hot companies and see what the future of data science will really be all about.”
Strata sponsors and exhibitors were invited to submit their project in the four categories and a panel of data science experts selected the finalists. Strata Data attendees are invited to vote for the company of their choice in each category by texting and following instructions displayed on conference signage and keynote slides at the event. Attendees will have the opportunity to visit the finalists at their booths before voting on March 25 and 26 and the announcement of the winners during the keynote presentations on March 27.
In addition, at Strata Data San Francisco, O’Reilly will present the full results of its “ Evolving Data Infrastructure ” survey, which explores the tools companies are using for their advanced analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AI) projects. One of the more interesting findings was that 58 percent of today’s companies are either building or evaluating data science platforms – considered an essential element for companies looking to increase their data science teams and machine learning capabilities.
Registration for the Strata Data Conference is open and a limited number of media passes are available for qualified journalists and analysts. Follow @strataconf or #StrataData on Twitter for the latest news and updates.
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise at O’Reilly conferences and through the company’s SaaS-based training and learning platform, O’Reilly Online Learning. O’Reilly delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information, visit www.oreilly.com.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190314005184/en/
CONTACT: Jeff Drew
fama PR for O’Reilly
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA CALIFORNIA MASSACHUSETTS
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY DATA MANAGEMENT NETWORKS SOFTWARE SECURITY
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 03/14/2019 09:00 AM/DISC: 03/14/2019 09:00 AM