Academy Of Nutrition And Dietetics Names New National Media Spokespeople For 2021-2024
CHICAGO, June 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals, has appointed three registered dietitian nutritionists to three-year terms as media spokespeople and reappointed four spokespeople to another term.
The Academy’s national volunteer spokesperson network consists of 29 registered dietitian nutritionists who conduct thousands of nutrition and healthful eating interviews on behalf of the Academy each year with print, broadcast and online media.
As registered dietitian nutritionists, Academy Spokespeopl e are the food and nutrition experts. They have fulfilled rigorous educational and practice requirements, including at least a bachelor’s degree (most spokespeople hold advanced degrees), completed a supervised practice program and passed a national registration examination — in addition to maintaining continuing education requirements for recertification.
The following registered dietitian nutritionists have been appointed as new Academy spokespeople for 2021-2024. Their term begins June 1:
- Grace Derocha, MBA, RD, CDCES, Detroit, Mich., is a senior health care analyst, program manager and lead digital strategist for a health insurance company. She’s also launching a private practice this summer. Her areas of expertise include cardiovascular nutrition, diabetes management and wellness nutrition.
- Amy Reed, MS, RD, CSP, LD, Cincinnati, Ohio, is a pediatric dietitian at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center. Her areas of expertise include adolescent and infant nutrition as well as autism and developmental disorders.
- Caroline Susie, RDN, LD, Dallas, Texas, is a principal at Mercer, a global health consulting firm, and a member of the company’s Total Health Management Team. She also has a private practice. Her areas of expertise include disease prevention, employee wellness and wellness nutrition.
The Academy also has reappointed four spokespeople for 2021-2024:
- Nancy Z. Farrell Allen, MS, RDN, FAND, Fredericksburg, Va.
- Whitney Linsenmeyer, PhD, RD, LD, St. Louis, Mo.
- Debbie Petitpain, MS, RDN, LDN, Charleston, S.C.
- Julie Stefanski, MEd, RDN, CSSD, LDN, CDCES, FAND, Baltimore, Md.
More information on the Academy and its spokespeople, including full biographies and headshots, can be found in the Academy’s downloadable 2021-2022 Media Guide.
Editors: Please note local interest. Photos available upon request.
Representing more than 112,000 credentialed nutrition and dietetics practitioners, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. The Academy is committed to improving the nation’s health and advancing the profession of dietetics through research, education and advocacy. Visit the Academy at www.eatright.org.
View original content to download multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/academy-of-nutrition-and-dietetics-names-new-national-media-spokespeople-for-2021-2024-301303315.html
SOURCE Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics