Panasonic, Klipsch and Dolby Atmos Music Create Immersive Premium Audio Presented in a Proof-of-Concept Vehicle
PEACHTREE CITY, Ga., Jan. 11, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- At CES 2021, Panasonic Automotive (Panasonic Automotive Systems of America), Klipsch® and Dolby Atmos Music announce a new proof of concept featuring immersive sound technology. As a global leader in audio innovation, Panasonic collaborates with award-winning consumer audio brand, Klipsch®, to bring technology-driven sound performance into Panasonic’s in-vehicle premium branded audio offerings. Klipsch® and Dolby Atmos Music are leading many of the innovative approaches to bringing Dolby Atmos music to the home, on-the-go and now, working with Panasonic Automotive to bring the Dolby Atmos experience to the road. The proof-of-concept result is an impressive listening experience that features an immersive soundscape for the automotive cabin.
“I have personally participated in bringing to market a range of products which feature Dolby Atmos capability. The sonic realism and envelopment of the listener into the on-screen action for films opens up new dimensions of entertainment,” said Mark Casavant, vice president of Brand & Business Development, Klipsch Group. “Working with the audio experts at Panasonic Automotive we have achieved a similar experience for the in-vehicle listener with Dolby Atmos music. The music is more immersive, with additional space clarity, and depth.”
Klipsch® Sound Principles
- HIGH EFFICIENCY / LOW DISTORTION - Klipsch technology is highly efficient, providing more accurate sound with less power and less distortion – resulting in louder, cleaner audio. Klipsch’s Law: Efficiency is inversely proportional to distortion.
- WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE - The softest sounds are reproduced with remarkable clarity and the loudest is delivered without harshness or distortion – with the greatest possible range between the softest and loudest sounds.
- CONTROLLED DIRECTIVITY - Klipsch technology accurately directs sound to the proper locations, which, in turn, creates a more lifelike soundstage without wasting acoustic energy where sound is not needed or desired.
- FLAT FREQUENCY RESPONSE - Audio delivery is without frequency bias – no unnatural highs, miss or lows – reproducing recorded sound as accurately as possible without colorization.
Dolby Atmos Music Features
- Dolby Atmos music goes beyond the limitations of mono and stereo, placing you in the center of an immersive soundscape that allows you to feel music in a whole new way
- It gives artists the power to unleash every detail as it was meant to be heard with unparalleled clarity – so music lovers can discover hidden subtleties with true fidelity
“Panasonic Automotive has built a reputation pushing the boundaries of in-vehicle entertainment,” said Tom Dunn, director of Panasonic Global Premium Audio. “Our award-winning automotive audio systems are recognized for creating unforgettable listening experiences based on engineering, artistry and emotion. Market leading innovations are what drive the technical teams at Panasonic and Klipsch, and delivering our first in-vehicle demonstration of Dolby Atmos music reflects our aligned goals and commitment to achieving a higher standard of music enjoyment.”
For a live demo, contact Panasonic to experience our new premium surround sound in a live vehicle. Visit the Panasonic CES 2021 Experience at na.panasonic.com/ces or listen to Panasonic’s Tech Talk to learn more.
For more information on Panasonic Automotive solutions, visit https://na.panasonic.com/us/automotive-solutions
About Klipsch Audio
In 1946 Paul W. Klipsch, inventor, acoustics pioneer and maverick, founded Klipsch Audio with the sole purpose of bringing the power, detail and emotion of the live music experience into his living room. Through the use of highly efficient speaker designs, handcrafted cabinetry and a thirst for real engineering breakthroughs – Klipsch, the great American loudspeaker company, was born in Hope, AR. Today, our diverse range of quality audio products includes speakers and headphones for almost any consumer and professional application – including cinema, whole-house, wireless, home theater and portable offerings. Honoring our founder’s legacy, Klipsch continues to be the legendary high-performance brand of choice for audiophiles and aficionados around the world. We are the Keepers of the Sound®. Klipsch®, Klipschorn®, and Keepers of the Sound® are registered trademarks of Klipsch Group, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Klipsch Group, Inc. is a VOXX International Company (NASDAQ: VOXX).
About Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America is a division company of Panasonic Corporation of North America and is a leading global supplier of automotive infotainment and connectivity system solutions. Panasonic Automotive is headquartered in Peachtree City, Georgia, with sales, marketing and engineering operations in Farmington Hills, Mich. For more information on Panasonic Automotive, please visit: http://us.panasonic.com/automotive.
View original content to download multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/panasonic-klipsch-and-dolby-atmos-music-create-immersive-premium-audio-presented-in-a-proof-of-concept-vehicle-301205234.html
SOURCE Panasonic Corporation of North America